Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-31-2002, 05:08 PM   #11
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Default Re: The Righteous and the Damned

Beautifully written. Also full of *****. I don't ride a particular bike because I am looking for entry into a special fraternity. I ride sport bikes (and open class dirt bikes) because I get thrilled by high performance machinery.

I am not married to any one particular brand of bike. If that makes my bike "disposable" so be it. I like current technology and ease of use.

I am interested in impressiong nobody but myself. I have a wife and 2 kids, so attracting women is not something I am interested in. I ride for early mornings in the canyons, alone or with a select few buddies. Sometimes I travel and I travel fast.

Save the "real American" holier than thou bull***** for someone who cares. I just like to ride, which is something I have been doing for 28 of my 40 years.

My current ride? A highly modified Suzuki TL1000S. Lotsa character, fast, and unique it's own way...
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #12
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Atrocity, atrociteurs... sounds like the Highwayman

MO should consider the Highwayman for their next intern. His posts, however irrelevant, are at least amusing. Perhaps Indian or Victory could hire this guy (they need help). Marlboro, Jack Daniels... Maybe even a major political party. Anything would be better than the latest round of mudslinging ads subjected on us every 30 seconds by desperate candidates. At least the political ads go away next Tuesday.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:29 PM   #13
gringolet
Founding Member

I'm still going to call you the A**Master, cretinous macho chauvinist hero babble and flatulent purple prose notwithstanding. But I deeply respect your lunatic devotion to bloated, gaudy mobile paint mixers and the tasseled, beanie-wearing accounyants and meth addicts who ride them, and I hope you continue to provide all us atrociteurs with hearty laughs for years to come. Ya big, lovable dork poseur, ya...
gringolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:34 PM   #14
gringolet
Founding Member

I'm still going to call you the A**Master, cretinous macho chauvinist hero babble and flatulent purple prose notwithstanding. But I deeply respect your lunatic devotion to bloated, gaudy mobile paint mixers and the tasseled, beanie-wearing accountants and meth addicts who ride them, and I hope you continue to provide all us atrociteurs with hearty laughs for years to come. Don't let all the flames get your chaps in a bunch, ya big, lovable dork poser, ya...
gringolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:36 PM   #15
BruceF
Registered Member

Default Re: Deuce Hop-up Reader Feedback

yeah, someday I'll actually meet one of these bullsh****
BruceF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:44 PM   #16
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Highway,

This might be the best yet. Reading this I hear John Facenza's voice in my head (NFL films guy). Clearly you are dumb as a friggin coal bucket if your serious about this stuff, but either way you've got a way with the words.

I'd rather read this anyday than another "arguments for stupid people". Hey MO, how bout canning Burns in favor of Highwayman?

mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:54 PM   #17
obandoj
Founding Member

My SV 650 will blow it to the weeds!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

"Reading this I hear John Facenza's voice in my head (NFL films guy). " LOL Excellent dude
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:11 PM   #19
BorgBiker
Registered Member

"And all this costs how much? My 2000 Bandit cost me $5K and I suspect would blow the duce into the weeds."

Using that logic, why would anyone drive a car, let alone hot rod one?

You make it clear that you have no clue why people ride motorcycles. It's not about riding the fastest bike (if it was, why do you have a "slow" Bandit, when you could get a Hayabusa?). Your statement is out of place, but I guess it makes you feel good, so whatever pops your wheelie. It is possible to have a great time on a slow bike; look around, and you'll see as many people having fun on Ninja 250s and Rebels as R1's and GSXR's. But they know how to check their egos when making a post.
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:30 PM   #20
justaspeedfreak
Founding Member

Just wondering if a 700lb, 70hp bike can get out of it's own way. More importantly, can it get out of the way of Blondie in the Expedition who is too busy chatting on his/her cell phone to pay attention to the road?

I would love to own a hog, I just don't want one that's hobbled...
justaspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote