Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-05-2002, 09:01 AM   #111
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce Hop-up Reader Feedback

Sorry for the delay in response, I was out riding this past weekend up the coast, it is now Tuesday. Ok enough! I rented the Harley so I put more than 3 miles on it. Then I went and bought the Wing, so there is no wishing I had bought a Harley here. I didnt like the weave, I expected more engineering out of a $20,000 bike. My old Valk Interstate had a fork mounted fairing and that didn't weave, nor was it pushed around in cross winds so there is more to it than just where the fairing is mounted. As for breaking down, well, how many Wings has anyone seen on the side of the road? And how many Harleys?.... But, I realise that you like yours, I like mine and this is just going to go around in circles so be happy, enjoy yourself and ride safe.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2002, 01:39 PM   #112
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default "honey bunch??!!"

i can see why you need that hawg.

i'll stick with my valk, thanks very much. and if i ever even think of calling my ol' lady "honey bunch," i hope someone smacks me.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:49 PM   #113
Huss
Founding Member

Default V-Rods under sticker

Well it seems the V-ROD bubble has burst. Rider magazine this month mentioned that they are going below sticker at many shops...bummer for those who paid thousands over sticker....
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 09:09 AM   #114
Webdufus
Founding Member

Hmm, I didn't read the article. From the sound of it, I haven't missed anything. I have read through these comments and it always strikes me as asinine how ANY cruiser article gets everyones undies all bound up.

The sport bike riders say it's slow, heavy, loud, and corners worse than a semi truck.

The cruiser riders say, well, I'm not going to repeat what a lot of them say about those crotch rocket pilots.

For god's sake people, we are all motorcylists!!

Tell your ego's to shut up for a bit and just enjoy the ride, no matter what it is!

Thank you.
Webdufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #115
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Just remember when you see a "Harley" by the side of the road it may not be a Harley. Most breakdowns I see are custom built cruisers with aftermarket parts and motors. They are no more Harley than your wing.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:10 AM   #116
sfarson
Registered Member

Default Re: Ol' Lady??

Well, my wife likes honey-bunch but please, let's all agree to ber smacked for calling our wife "Ol' Lady".
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:35 PM   #117
95XV1100
Founding Member

Default Re: >>highly underated V-max<< are you nuts??

The V-Max enjoys a very small but fanatic loyal following. All I can say is the guy who buys a V-Rod has probably never rode a V-Max. The V-Rod is a different kind of Harley Porche or whatever. The V-Max is truly a Hot Rod in your face bike for a little more than half the price, and the max needs to make no appologies. If you have never ridden the max "you don't understand" You don't even have a clue.
95XV1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #118
g-bear
Founding Member

... too bad almost always the kinds of modifications you do to your bike (especially performancewise) HAVE already been decided by makes...
g-bear is offline   Reply With Quote