Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-27-2002, 06:06 AM   #81
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I agree a reviews should include comparos

I am sure if Sean and Burns rode this bike back to back with the competition (as soon as it is available), the Buells minor quirks, in this article, would be major problems in any comparo.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2002, 06:08 AM   #82
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: OK I believe you this time. However....

LOL Thanks for the compliment.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:40 AM   #83
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Just the facts man, your misconceptions

First of all, you don't really know anything about Harley, Ducati, Triumph, or any Japanese make or model other than a Ninja 600. Since I have ridden and owned numerous models from just about every mfg. living and dead over the last 34 years, I would say the misinformed one would be you. Second, your underwhelming experience level and 1 year of motorcycling greatness, doesn't really qualify you to clear up much of anything I say, unless you want to talk about a Ninja 600. Since I own a Ninja 900, I think I could hold my own there too. Third, what I said about Buell's "image" is true, if you have actually asked people why they would or wouldn't buy one as I have done for years. In case you didn't know, most people buy on a preconceived notion rather than experience with the bike itself. I see it every thread here when people talk out their azz about bikes they know absolutely NOTHING about. You would be included in that group by the way. That is why when the "print rags" rip a bike, it just about kills sales, as most people in this world are followers(that would be you) and don't have the smarts to go find out what a bike is about, and only believe what others say. Go ride one for a while, talk to some owners, do some research and THEN come and run your mouth. Fourth, the "print rags", I have found, are certainly biased to what they personally like and do not represent what everyone likes or why they ride. If you want to hang on their every word, be my guest. As I stated, most people follow blindly. So go run out and buy the latest just because the "experts" say so. In the mean time, please stop trying to "correct" something that you know zero about.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:46 AM   #84
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Reader Feedback: XB9S Lightning

Sarnali, I had a 80 XLH, so I know what you mean. Fun bike that I put a ton of miles on. I was just thinking about if I wanted a "streettracker" type bike, I would build my own to be something uniue out there. I built a 72 Triumph into one when I was 18 and loved that bike. The new Sporties are nice and the Sport model is the one I would go for if I was buying one from the showroom. You are also right about the Sporty nay-sayers and all their crap. I love em and if I added a bike to my current stable, a Sportster of some type may be it.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:56 AM   #85
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts man, your misconceptions

As someone who has also been riding for 34+ years and owned many different brands of bikes, I have but two words about your comment to K Paul. Here here. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:25 AM   #86
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Buells are great bikes.

I demo rode the XB9R and it had plenty of power for me. Unless you ride a bike on a track where you can use the high rpm power then you essentially have wasted power. I'll take Buell wheely stomping torque over the anemic low rev torque provided by the other bikes. I think most people live in fantasy land where they like to have all this 15K rpm horse power that they can brag to their friend about but would never have the balls to use. When I rode the Buell it impressed me with its power that was available all the time without waiting for the tach to climb. In the Omaha area rice rockets are way over powered for their use.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:26 AM   #87
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Buells are great bikes.

I demo rode the XB9R and it had plenty of power for me. Unless you ride a bike on a track where you can use the high rpm power then you essentially have wasted power. I'll take Buell wheely stomping torque over the anemic low rev torque provided by the other bikes. I think most people live in fantasy land where they like to have all this 15K rpm horse power that they can brag to their friend about but would never have the balls to use. When I rode the Buell it impressed me with its power that was available all the time without waiting for the tach to climb. In the Omaha area rice rockets are way over powered for their use.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:21 AM   #88
hungmiester
Registered Member

Default Re: Buells are great bikes.

ok son here it is. the GSXR 750 has a ton of power and can do a wheelie from a dead stop or at 130 mph. iit has a very useable torque curve. that is why i like the 750 over the 600. i live in tahoe and ride like a motherf***er. traffic in town, it don't matter. i can cruise or i can spank other bikes. they are also very realiable and cheap to modify or work on.
hungmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:31 AM   #89
hungmiester
Registered Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: XB9S Lightning

that's fair enough also. i really don't mind working on my current suzuki at all and really it is very easy. my insurance would actually be higher on a buell because they get stolen more often here. after you get rid of that awful EPA mandated muffler and put a real can on there, they really scoot at any RPM.

ride hard.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:34 AM   #90
hungmiester
Registered Member

Default Re: I don't get your point regarding valve tech...

actually i loev ducati's. my brother has a 996 that i love to buzz around on. my buddy and his sister both own S4 monsters and they are neat to ride as well. it is just that everything on those bikes feel so much more refined than the buell. the repair bills on duc's and buell's are about the same so can't argue that fact. see ya around.

ride hard.