Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-28-2002, 07:45 PM   #191
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Rebuttal # 5

http://news.motorcycle.com/article.m...sid=1691#41467
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #192
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Rebuttal # 6

http://news.motorcycle.com/article.m...sid=1691#41514
Old 10-28-2002, 07:54 PM   #193
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Rebuttal #7

http://news.motorcycle.com/article.m...sid=1691#41553
Old 10-28-2002, 07:58 PM   #194
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Grumpy old men (The Motorcycle Generation GAP)

I never said I couldn't afford it twit. Burns story about the RC51 isn't real it's entertainment. Read SportRider or Motorcyclist for more accurate info.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:05 PM   #195
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The Nays have it Grandpa.

Sorry I don't believe you are in your 30s. Call it a hunch but .. I am over 30 so I am Gen X.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:05 PM   #196
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Almost felt sorry for ya

KPaul, I almost felt sorry for you with everybody gang tackling ya. I think a lot of people are p*ssed off about some stuff you wrote in the past, so they pounce on you whenever you post.

Then you start machinegun posting crap to support your case.......You couldn't put all those links in one post? Nobody is going to look at those links and you can't win an argument that way anyway.

As for your price / performance ratio thing....it's been played. I love Japanese bikes, don't get me wrong. But when you factor resale value in, the "cheaper" Japanese bikes end up costing just as much as "expensive" American and European bikes. What would you rather do, buy a Japanese bike for 6K and get 2K for it 5 years later OR buy a 10K European and get 6K from it 5 years later. Either way, it costs you 4K to ride for 5 years. While it's true that maintenance costs might be cheaper for Japanese bikes, not always, and not by thousands of dollars. Now, don't tell me something weak like how much interest 4K is going to make in 5 years. The only way out of this trap is to buy used to begin with, or buy a cheaper Japanese ride and keep it forever.

MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:01 AM   #197
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Not so fast...

I hate to get into a posting war with you, but I am curious....

I have a Cyclone. It does shake at idle, but less so since I installed a jet kit and slip-on. But once I am rolling it smooths out really well and is eerily smooth on the highway. Did you just ride it around a parking lot or something? Have you ridden other V-twin motorcycles or is your only point of reference a 4-cylinder bike?

Also, is every bike that costs more than the SV1000 "overpriced"? What about the Ducati 900SS? Or a BMW R1150? Or a Guzzi V11? Is there something inherent in a motorcycle that makes it worth buying even though it may have a lower "Performance Per Dollar" ratio than an SV1000? I am trying to figure out what is important to you in your decision-making process.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:11 AM   #198
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Nays have it Grandpa.

You're a genius! Now you can even tell what age I am! I hate to burst your bubble there but I was born in 1964. I have a 5 year old son.

I'm going to drop the ol' price performance thread because you still don't understand that some of us don't care about that. There are motorcycles that excite us for other reasons other than some hotshoe at sportrider posted some fabulous time at the track. Trust me, you'll never duplicate those results. I'd bet any amount of money you would go faster up a mountain road on a Buell than on a GSXR 1000.

Let me state on last time for your narrow mind that I love Japanese sportbikes. The performance is phenomonal. I just happen to like things that have a little "texture" to them. My Ducati makes all kinds of mechanical noises and I love everyone of them (it still hauls ass too).

I think if I added a third bike to the H-D and Duc it would probably be a Triumph Speed Triple so I could have a snarling three cylinder.

Perhaps that's why I prefer to read writers like Peter Egan or Clement Salvadori who offer opinions on the passion of wanting a certain motorcycle or the romance of long distance travel. Life is not numbers on a page. Stop reading it and start living it my friend.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:12 AM   #199
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Reader Feedback: XB9S Lightning

His post referred to his 883 Sporty which still use solid lifters, do they not?
Old 10-29-2002, 03:22 AM   #200
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: XB9S Lightning

Don't think so.