Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-25-2002, 05:14 PM   #11
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: XB9S Lightning

Dang, this story woudln't have sucked quite as much with like an mpeg and a dyno chart. Oh well, maybe next time...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2002, 06:11 PM   #12
ossa
Registered Member

I can't remember where I read this (it was posted on a Buell bulletin board somewhere), but someone made a racing version of the 9R by boring and stroking the engine to about 1240cc. With porting and cams, it supposedly dyno'ed about 115 rw hp.

It would be interesting to see you guys do a long term test on the 9S to see how it holds up. I think you would seriously be doing us, your faithful subscribers, and Buell a real service here.
ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 06:17 PM   #13
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Don't look now...

But many of the part inside of any new Harley are by "Asian atrocity cycles (Mfg) slammed together in some godforsaken land." So will the Posse hunt down those Harley riders using Asian parts?

Have you noticed Harley's don't have a "Made in USA" stamp on the engine? They don't qualify due to a lack of US made parts. Hummm... I think my Gold Wing had a "Made in USA" stamped on the engine and frame.

Philip

ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 07:36 PM   #14
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default You converted me!

Oh Highwayman, you have converted me. I'm going to sell me God-forsaken BMW and get a Harley. I'll have it gold-plated and make a Harley shrine for it in my backyard. It will be the center of my life and I'll worship it, and marry it. Highwayman, I'll be your soul brother. Together, we'll start a new religion, and be crusaders for the bar and shield.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:24 PM   #15
hackfu
Founding Member

Did you actually look through the story? I see an mpeg of you doing a burn-out on a handicap parking spot. Then, further down the page I see a link to a dyno chart in big bold letters like this, DYNO. It's in the related readings section cuz the dang dyno chart is like, related or something.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:52 PM   #16
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Ahhh...

you Canadians provide us with so much levity in our boring lives.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:55 PM   #17
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default huh huh

you said, "related." huh huh, huh.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:59 PM   #18
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Comparo - XB9S Lightning vs. KTM Duke

There you go again! Reminds you of the KTM Duke, huh? Where the hell is the test of the KTM Duke? I haven't seen a KTM Duke up close and personal, much less ridden one. And MO did not test the S.O.B. so I have no point of reference. I have read The Thumper Page's articles, but I prefer getting an experienced motorjournalist ass' opinon. I wish you would get on the ball with this. I recently discovered that, for riding around town, I prefer my Suzie DR350SET over my R1100SBX and the Duke or bikes like it are becoming increasingly desirable. In fact, I might be in the market for one if I could ever check one out.

Now, when the hell is someone going to build a minimalist (one or two cylinder) production streetbike w/60+ rwhp, 250 lbs wet weight and a price tag of $5K? I'm still waiting, people!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 12:07 AM   #19
designeraccd
Founding Member

I rode the first version of the bike a couple of months ago. As I had ridden my '02 Sportster up to the dealership, the Buell felt quite strong and good handling with good, but not outstanding, brakes. The ergos of that version were to bent over for me. Compared to other H-D products the bike is a very strong performer with good handling. Even compared to the '98 Ducati 900FE I had: nothing special. Compared to other Japanese bikes I've had or tried...well, my '98 996 Super Hawk, from memory, would put it to shame, for less money.

Nice product, but for me, not the "character" that my slow, "obsolete", stone age 1200 Sporty has! DFO
Old 10-26-2002, 01:24 AM   #20
imported_softail_1
Registered Member

I can't wait for this one!
imported_softail_1 is offline   Reply With Quote