Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-21-2002, 05:05 PM   #1
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Victory Vegas

Nice review, and a good scoop. It would have been nicer if there were more photos to show the bike from all angles as it appears to be a beautiful design. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
ossa
Founding Member

According to another magazine, Arlen Ness had a big hand in the design of this bike. One of the features of the bike mentioned in his interview was the ridge down the center. Even the seat/tank was his company's design. How was his name not mentioned in the article. I also noticed that you didn't mention anything about the performance of this bike other than the lean angle. Can it hold its own against other cruisers?
ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #3
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I also read that Ness was involved. Good to see. Victory has serious problems in the ugly department.

This bike marks the beginning of a break from that trend. It is a lean nice looking machine.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
hackfu
Founding Member

The decision not to name the Ness's specifically was mine. I felt that if you're going to start naming names, then the names of everybody involved with the design should also be included.

As for performance, no other cruiser was available for a direct comparison. We should be getting a long term tester within the next few months. More specific testing can be had then.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #5
allbikesbiker
Founding Member

nice bike, just not my style.. now if they start making it with bags, windshield and a cd player, then I might think about it. BTW, how does the Victory line do on resale?
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:44 AM   #6
mconlon
Founding Member

I'd consider buying a Victory... but only if they hire Egli to design a cafe model...
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:03 AM   #7
boru4761
Founding Member

This bike is beautiful. Damnit! Just when I thought I had it narrowed down...
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #8
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Great Scoop!

Wow. Polaris/Victory really are putting their industrial engineers to work! This bike is great and I can't wait to see how it functions in the real world. I have high expectations given the high quality control of manufacturing process. What other bikes are in the works? Are they interested in making any V-twin sports tourers or ultralight singles a la Borile? If they produce my flavor of motorcycles I could easily forget about all imports and buy American. I really am impressed with their focus on quality control and I expect anything manufactured by this company to be trouble free for a very long time. Great work Calvin and Kudos to Polaris/Victory for getting into the motorcycle business. I wish them continued success.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:50 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Victory really seems to have a commitment to making a go at the motorcycle business. I'm certain they havent had much profit or success so far, but it doesn't seem to be phasing them. This bike certainly looks like their best so far. I think much of their problem is name recognition. I know they have a few commercials and the Kyle Petty ride, but they have to stuff these things in the public mind to get sales going. Having a nice bike with few knowing about it probably is their biggest challenge. I can't even remember the last mag that tested one of these.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:53 AM   #10
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Looks nice. I'm sure Victory knows that the rules have changed regarding cruiser horsepower.... It matters now. I hope they gave the it enough b@lls to run with the new pack of power cruisers.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote