Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-25-2002, 03:29 PM   #71
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Gopher Greetings!

I'm with you on that. I'd like to see something like the Victory, or a Dyna Sport, with 17" spoke wheels and radial tires (I could get talked into an 18" front if the aesthetics demand), with footpegs somewhere approximately under my center of gravity, and a "Superbike" or older BMW bend bar, reasonable cornering clearance, and a bit sharper steering geometry (nothing radical, mind you) and a Corbin seat.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2002, 02:55 AM   #72
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Victory Vegas

With the under square engine configuration, this engine should have the torque of a tractor. Max HP isn't going to be its strong suit...but hey, unless you are going to be entering a "Big ****" contest, who cares? Max HP is really only important on a race track...and of course, bragging rights. This bike will never be ridden on a race track.
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:18 AM   #73
Screechin_Beagle
Founding Member

Polaris has put the right people in the right place, to take the Victory M/C division to the next level. By changing their approach to design and by allowing their customers to have input into the Vegas, will maintain customer loyalties and at the same time widen Victorys' targeted deomographic groups. It is very interesting that Cory and Arlen Ness have come on board with Victory. This will give Polaris' M/C division some real teeth and get the buying public in North America to realize that there is another American M/C worth considering. The time has come that a serious American built "Davey", is to go up against "Goliath",(HD).
Screechin_Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:18 AM   #74
piinob
Founding Member

I have wanted a performance cruiser for quite a while. That may seem like a paradox to some, but that is the way it is at my house. This Victory model seems to be headed in the right direction. It certainly looks better than the imports. HD has become a "me-too" brand. And to make one perform requires financial dedication above and beyond. I am anxious to see some comparisons, and hear more impressions. I am also curious to know what it costs to maintain one of these bikes. Dynas eat tires and brakes, and motor company parts aren't cheap. I have not yet learned what it costs to keep a Warrior on the road, but I am leaning pretty hard in that direction. A shop 250 miles from here is advertising new '02s for $9000. So my mind might be made up. Still it is good to see the USA get some competition going on the MC front. (God forgive me for sounding so republican)
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 01:20 PM   #75
retired_colonel
Founding Member

Hackfu makes me feel better about the skinny tire and single 'detuned' Brembo front brake. I am an older rider on a '01 Vic SportCruiser and I like the fat front tire and big twin Brembos that when properly 'squeezed' will really haul it down. But still, I am seriously interested in the Vegas; I love my SC but there are some refinements in the Vegas that I am very interested in...less harsh suspension, more ponies/torque, smoother clutch and shifting...and I am not yet the Touring Cruiser/Road King kind of guy. Hackfu mentioned that short/tall riders did not complain about the ergonomics...just curious, were any of them at my 6'2" height? I don't want to sit on the rear fender to feel comfortable on the forward controls
retired_colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:13 PM   #76
MajBuzzGowen
Registered Member

Yeah, I agree. I don't like cruisers either. Until I saw this. I WAS looking for a new bike, like a naked standard, something without much of a fairing. I want that 70mph air conditioning here in Florida. So, while looking up reviews here on mc.com, I saw the Vegas pic on Mfgr's Row. Hmmm, pretty bike. But it's a cruiser. What the hell, it DOES look good. Might as well look at it. Even if it is a cruiser. I guess my timing was pretty good, as the local Victory dealer was uncrating his first two Vegas' when I called. I got the first test ride the following day. The dealer even had one guy waiting when I got there; he had promised me the first ride, and was true to his word. When I got back, there was another guy there. The dealership's owner bought the red one, and I left with the black one. It's comfortable, (I need to have the saddle reworked for my fat ass...), it's fun, it pulls almost like my ST4s, they tranny shifts just fine (MUCH better than my BMW, better than the Duke), the clutch isn't heavy, and did I say it looks good? This is the first purchase of any kind in my 45 years that I made based on style. I mean, looks may have tipped the balance between two otherwise equal contenders, but, well, I guess you can tell that I like this bike a little. Even if it is a cruiser.
MajBuzzGowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:32 AM   #77
skyskier
Registered Member

Default 2004 Victory Vegas: Sturgis Preview?

Does anyone have any inkling about what Victory may reveal at Sturgis this year? They seem to be using the Rally as a launch point for new models.

And has the front wheel of the Vegas been a problem for anyone (i.e. skinnnnnny)?
skyskier is offline   Reply With Quote