Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-23-2002, 08:35 AM   #51
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Victory Vegas

How many dealerships sell these puppies? Ah hell, why do I ask, I don't care for cruisers anyway.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2002, 08:48 AM   #52
caderider
Registered Member

I'm with you on that!

B
Old 10-23-2002, 09:52 AM   #53
robb_millett
Registered Member

take a look at the pics with the article, there's an eninge on the assembly stand ready for the right side engine case...you can plainly see the single pin crank, oil pump, chain driven counterbalancer, and transmission gear shafts
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:56 AM   #54
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Performs appropriately for a cruiser.

I suspect this will be a very good year for Victory salesmen. The bike is a winner in every respect. I predict that as soon as the parts supply runs out, the old V92 models will be phased out to create extra capacity for building Vegas models. Hopefully you will recoup the money you have lost waiting for Polaris to get the Victory right, now that they finally seem to have it right. Best of luck.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:00 PM   #55
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

I think there may be a few more Victories on the road than there are Excelsior-Hendersons, but not many. The reason you don't notice them is that it is very easy to confuse a current Victory V92 model for an early Kawasaki Vulcan. Why any company would want to build a cruiser that looks like an early Kawasaki Vulcan is beyond me--Even Kawasaki doesn't want to build such machines.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:03 PM   #56
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Gopher Greetings!

Your bike is available right now. It's called the Moto Guzzi V11 Sport. Check out the Scura story on the MO home page.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:04 PM   #57
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: are mag wheels available?

Well, no magnesium or any magnesium alloy derivative rim will be available as far as I know. BUT, a billet rim set will be available for the spoke-shy.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:12 PM   #58
Captain_1
Founding Member

Victory has been gradually improving their machines and the Vegas is the best yet. They still need help in the marketing department to develop an image and make the brand relevant. Their pricing is also aggressive and poses a major obstacle for conquest sales given low brand identity and even lower resale value. A number of Victory's original dealers have since dropped the brand since they couldn't make money on the slow selling V92 line. I hope the Vegas marks a turnaround for them.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:48 PM   #59
xandvphyle
Registered Member

Having owned a Victory (#886) for nearly 18K, i can tell you the bike is a very good bike. I am experienced and an older rider. Polaris' big problem is communicating with their dealers and with problems that the original bikes had. The VMC is a great internet bike club and is well informed about the Victory.

http://www.thevmc.com/main.html

I got rid of mine because the extended warranty was going away and it was increasingly difficult for my dealer to communicate with "corporate headquarters."

My dealer HAD a large polaris business.

I really liked the bike but I have gotten a distrust for Polaris and how they are handling problems with the bike at this time.
xandvphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:16 PM   #60
OutOfTheMatrix
Founding Member

I put my deposit down on the Vegas last month at my local Polaris dealer. I chose this bike for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that that I can't afford a $40k custom, but I want a cruiser that looks cool and stands out from the Harleys, Mean strks and Vstars.

The only other bike I considered was the Warrior. The price is right, but I read too many reviews slamming the egronomics.

As for the price - remember, $15k is retail. It's possible (likely?) that it will be $2-3 less come March/April. That would be sweet, but I'm not holding my breath.

American - more American parts than Harley, not that this is really a big criteria for me anyway, but it's fun to remind Harley owners and wannabes when the topic comes up...

OoTM
OutOfTheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote