Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-22-2002, 03:17 AM   #11
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Victory Vegas

Hackfu,

No doubt, lots of folks worked on the design, not just the Ness crew. That's a good idea to keep it generic.

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2002, 03:19 AM   #12
ZR-7
Founding Member

Rider Magazine...

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:43 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

There's a year old test here:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/bikereviews.asp?ID=5
Old 10-22-2002, 03:45 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

One advantage to keeping all that manufacturing data on record is that it reduces the possiblilty of some disgruntled employee sabotaging the product.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:03 AM   #15
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Any idea on price $$$?

ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:10 AM   #16
Dynaguy
Founding Member

A very nice, fresh design. It is nice to see Harley Davidson have some American competition that is not simply assembling clone evo engines and aftermarket parts. The level of technology employed in the design and manufacture of this motorcycle is impressive as well. I look forward to seeing this design in the flesh.
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:52 AM   #17
LTCUSARET
Registered Member

Yet another victim of the California Is The Center of The Universe Syndrome (CITCTUS) wherein sufferers become geographically impaired outside of a triangle defined by San Diego-Las Vegas-San Francisco.

Great write-up and an attractive ride. Interesting stray thought -- major US cruiser manufacturers are located far, far above the snow line. Causation or correlation? At least the Vegas would be interesting eye candy for solitary sojourns in a cold garage in Minnetonka waiting for resumption of riding season.

When you test this, and we know you will, be kind and order some representative accessories so we can: 1) see them; and, 2) get an evaluation.
LTCUSARET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:54 AM   #18
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

Default Performs well?

I thought it was a little interesting that after saying one of their design considerations was a well-performing bike, that they de-tuned the power of the front brakes, and compensated for weak springs with high damping.

If you want to add a little performance, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of ease of use (crappy brakes don't lock up), and riding comfort (do the forks bottom out on heavy braking, or are the brakes just so weak you can't do it?)...

I'm not anti-cruiser, but if your goal is performance, don't tie your hands behind your back out of the starting blocks...

Brad
bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 05:10 AM   #19
hackfu
Founding Member

Aw crap, I totally forgot to put that it. Uh... see the thing is, I don't have the number in front of me now, but it's priced below the H-D's and above the Japanese cruisers. I think 14,999 is the number.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 05:15 AM   #20
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: Performs well?

Honestly, when I was sitting in the briefing and listening to the chassis engineer talking about using damping the way they did and de-tuning the front brakes, I thought they were crazy. But after riding around and spending some time and after some Q&A with the engineers, I came away feeling satisfied that they did the right thing. This is still a cruiser after all.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote