Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1427-2003-ducati-999-reader-feedback.html)

KPaulCook 10-20-2002 05:18 PM

Two words for Duc fans

RC 51

Just kidding seems like some of your Duc brothers are unwilling to give Honda and Japan its due. i.e. I think they are racists. The no original thought thing is what Detroit said until is got its Ass kicked. Give the Japanese respect otherwise you will still be blinded by your own excuses.

12er 10-20-2002 05:18 PM

Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

I dont know, the multistrada may be even uglier... What up with Ducati?

KPaulCook 10-20-2002 05:49 PM

"There is no way I could ride this bike more than 10 miles without pain," Just get in shape i'll bet you could do it. I rode my Ninja 300 miles last weekend 150 miles was the longest stretch. By the way I took my Ninja to a different dealer. It is fine and the other guys were blowing smoke.

I just wish you guys would stop the Japan copies everyone else thing. It just isn't true these days. Especially in electronics. American CEOs would said this in the past are now unemployed.

KPaulCook 10-20-2002 05:51 PM

Re: Typical KPaul post

LOL :)

Inconel 10-21-2002 03:16 AM

What I like-

I like the photon-cannon headlight treatment.

I like the adjustable ergos.

I like the styling.

I like desmodromic valvetrain.

Damn it looks good.

P.S.

Hi-Res photos. What's the purpose of having a cable modem, big monitor, phat cpu when you can only download a 25k gif of a bike? Motocycle online should offer phat photos all the time! Thanks for the hi res pics! I'll renew my subscription just becuase of this one article. To me it was worth it.

donzi 10-21-2002 03:19 AM

Well I have seen the 999 in person and from most angles it is a beautiful bike. That said, if you don't like the front of the bike in pictures seeing the bike in the flesh won't change your opinion. My advice is to wait for a test ride. If you like it buy it and if you don't there are alot of other great choices out there.

JoeBlade 10-21-2002 03:59 AM

Re: Bought One

I went two weeks ago and put my money down. I get the fourth 999 in the state of GA. Now if they could just tell me when it's going to get here....

seruzawa 10-21-2002 04:05 AM

Re: Original Thought

You are right.

My 84 Honda Magna blew its tranny. In fact hundreds of Magnas blew their trannies. None of my Harleys ever did.

My 82 Suzuki GS1100 fried its stator twice. It took a british made aftermaket regulator to solve the problem. None of my Harleys ever blew a stator.

My 70 Kawasaki W2650SS leak oil horribly out of the primary case. I pulled the case and discovered that the seal had never been installed in the first place. None of my Harleys was ever missing a seal.

By all means. Let's consider reliability before brand loyalty. I agree.

longride 10-21-2002 04:09 AM

Look KPaul, I have more miles on motorcycles to the store and back than you have total. I have traveled to 39 states and have done many back to back to back 800 mile days. If I had to estimate my total milage in bikes it would be around 400,000 road miles, not counting the many years dirt riding from 10yrs old to 18. I am in plenty good shape. I am 6'4" and 235 lbs and work out every day. I don't fit on a Ducati. No matter what shape one is in, you can't fit a size 10 in a size 8. Next, I already proved the Japan copycat ideals and their obvious duplicity of thought when it comes to v-twin motors. If you can't refute it with evidence then just shut up.

seruzawa 10-21-2002 04:09 AM

Fry Kpaul's brain

If you really want to fry KPaul's brain briefly explain the importance of cultural influences on upbringing and how that can relates to the general behavioral charateristics of an entire nation. It's too complex for idiots who can only scream "racism".