Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

View Poll Results: Yeah, so Yossef's in Italy on the 999 and I'm not. Thus, I:
Hate that stinking bastage! 19 9.05%
Hate you all (on general principal) 16 7.62%
It's all good, I'm happy for him 30 14.29%
I hate the guy that's happy for him! 6 2.86%
I'll trade my sister for a plane ticket and a Duc 66 31.43%
25 11.90%
11 5.24%
37 17.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2002, 05:24 AM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Give ME a break KPaul

You named 3 original street bikes Honda produces. Now, I can name 13 of their current models that are copies of existing designs and were labeled as "inferior V twins" by Honda in a public statement in the 80s. They are the:

VTX 1800

VTX 1800 Retro (Retro to what??)LOL

VTX 1300

VTX 1300 Retro (Retro to a Harley???) LOL

Shadow Spirit

Shadow Sabre

Shadow Aero

Shadow ACE 750

Shadow Spirit 750

Shadow VLX

Shadow Deluxe

RC 51 (Ducati ripoff and "inferior" V-twin)

Superhawk (another "inferior" Vtwin and Ducati knockoff)

That looks like 13 ripoff or inferior designs that are made to look and perform like Harleys and Ducatis. You mentioned 3 bikes. Looks like the "rarely an original thought" sticks real nice.

Now as for the "labor trouble", the Japanese do not allow Unions in any of their facilities. No Unions = no representation = no labor troubles. They dont' "respect" a worker any more than anyone else. They just fire them individually instead of en masse. What company do you work for and how much do you earn? Japan itself is not doing so well these days. Honda also quit WSB. Why did they do that? Could it be the money pit for them is drying up a bit? Count on it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2002, 05:41 AM   #72
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Typical KPaul post

" You cited some excellent examples of original thought thanks. "

He did cite many example of original thought. Too bad none of them really were Japanese original thought. It was a good attempt at justifying Japanese copying, but I really don't want to take the time to point out all the untruths and half-truths of that post. Suffice to say, you still seem to be doing well on the path of the moron and absolutely perfect in the post/idiocy ratio. Here is a thought (not original), try ADDING something intelligent in a post. Posting to congratulate the poster or say "LOL" is really not accepted as a viable post. Give a real post a try sometime. Add an experience, idea, advice, technical knowledge, or humor. Try using real facts and personal experiences to add some validity to what you say. Warning: If you heed my posting advice, people will no longer think of you as the MO poster boy for the mentally challenged.

Old 10-20-2002, 05:59 AM   #73
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

Well, it's different from any Ducati that has gone before. I think the faithful may not like it as much as the 916 derivations, but maybe Ducati is reaching out a bit with adjustable ergos and unique styling. There is no way I could ride this bike more than 10 miles without pain, but I will check it out at a dealer to see how it looks in person. I have been around long enough to know you have to see, touch and ride before the real qualities of the bike make themselves known. Pictures and moto-press is nice, but I view them all with the utmost suspicion, as many of the bikes I have owned in the past did not quite match with the motojourno rantings or ravings. Should be interesting to see how this bike sells.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:02 AM   #74
12er
Founding Member

It takes about $2k to make them seriously fun and safe on the road. The stock front brake is scary on the road but just fine off road as its the same as the KX 500. If your going to ride 50/50 I would recomend a XR 600 (insert favorite enduro) with a baja kit over the KLR.

Must have mods for the KLR are:

Pipe

Jet kit

air filter

progressive fork springs

oversized front brake rotor

Gel grips are nice too.

I went with the Supertrapp IDS II with 15 disks for the street and 12 off road. The big gun full system is best from what I have heard but at $600 the supertrapp worked fine for $240.

Brake rotor was from M.A.P. the kit runs $500 with a floating oversized rotor, caliper spacer, galfer green pads and a steel braided line. Once I installed it I had to buy the progressive fork springs as once you have a real brake the stock springs bottom out bigtime under braking.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #75
redexces
Founding Member

Default Re: Give ME a break KPaul

Longride offers this response as rebuttal to KPaul. He then chastises him in a later post, advising him to "add something intelligent" whilst at the same engaging in childish name calling. It appears Longride should heed his own advice, judging from this post. This is nothing more than junkfood, 7th grade lockerroom drivel....my **** is bigger than yours....intellectual dishonesty on display.

I would respect his and others position if they offered some reasonable arguments to defend their position instead of merely rehashing the same tired old cliches. In the end, I may still disagree, but at least I could respectfully disagree. As it stands now, I can't even do that.
redexces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #76
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

And if this isn't bad enough, go find the test Corse bike photos, As a racebike, it actually looks WORSE!!!
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:06 PM   #77
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I don't give a damn if no one notices me on my bike. I ride my bikes for my own pleasure.

Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:52 PM   #78
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: Why Ducatis are like Harleys.

KPaul, It's time to get your Ritalin prescription refilled...
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:10 PM   #79
KPaulCook
Banned

Agree wallpaper is nice touch.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #80
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Original Thought

Well said.