Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

View Poll Results: Yeah, so Yossef's in Italy on the 999 and I'm not. Thus, I:
Hate that stinking bastage! 19 9.05%
Hate you all (on general principal) 16 7.62%
It's all good, I'm happy for him 30 14.29%
I hate the guy that's happy for him! 6 2.86%
I'll trade my sister for a plane ticket and a Duc 66 31.43%
25 11.90%
11 5.24%
37 17.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2002, 08:53 PM   #61
mavalkyrie
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

Bottom line...I don't care how well it handles or all the innovations. It is one majorly Ugly bike. By far the uggliest bike I have ever seen. I thought the Hyabusa was bad, the 999 bakes the suzuki look like a cbr XX.
mavalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2002, 09:33 PM   #62
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Give me a break racist

I hate this "The Japanese rarely have an original thought" ***** Fracking racist. How many original models does Honda have. The Goldwing, Interceptor, Valkerye, etc. The V-5 in MotoGP. Go check the list of American patents held by the Japanese. No what you really should say is the Japanese can execute a concept that others screw up with excellence cause they are eceptional engineers and technicians. They also learn from their mistakes and don't take their market share for granted. They have little labor strife in the plants they have in the U.S. Why? because they respect the worker and practice Demming stuff. American companies and their leadership give lip service to quality and fight with labor and engineering. Business as usual for Milwaukee and Detroit rip off the customer for short term profits and the golden parachute.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:48 PM   #63
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Finally an intelligent post.

Excellent post, redexces. Unfortunately my post was a little emotional. The Japan copy thing smells like racism to me. I have the highest respect for the Japanese people and the mighty companies they built with hard work, guts and yes inovation. . You cited some excellent examples of original thought thanks.

Old 10-19-2002, 09:52 PM   #64
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Meanwhile

"And please, please, pleeeease do not compare this bike to anything from Japan. " Racist. Let see who won MotoGP this year? Honda. Who won AMA superbike? Honda Who won AMA supersport? Suzuki Who won World Super bike? Honda. Right don't compare with Japanese bike cause it will be seen as overpriced and overstyled.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:57 PM   #65
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Why Ducatis are like Harleys.

Ducatis are to sportbikes what Harleys are to cruiser.

OverPriced

OverStyled

OverMarketed

OverRated

OverHyped

But this Ducati is ugly those headlights are bad. Go look at MV or Benelli for better stuff.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:47 PM   #66
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Design

I've seen the 999 in person. It is a BEAUTIFUL motorcycle. Without question a worthy successor to the 916,996,998.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:53 PM   #67
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Reliability

I am on my third Ducati and every one of them (1997 M750, 2002 MH 900e, 2002 ST4s) has been extremely reliable. I ride the ST4s every day as basic transportation. Having also owned motorcycles from BMW, KTM and Yamaha I would say that modern motorcycles are almost uniformly reliable, well engineered machines. There may be slight variances from manufacturer to manufacturer or model to model. But the vast majority will never leak, will always start and will last for many thousands of miles with only minor regular preventative maintanence.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:59 AM   #68
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Nobody cares about power?

"Don't even try to brag about power. Nobody cares!"

Well, power isn't everything, but most motorcyclist do care about it a little. Most people would take more if they could get it. I'd say it's a worthy bragging point. So, don't be jealous when that Gixer blows you away at that stoplight in front of that gas station.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:15 AM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Finally an intelligent post.

Oh jeeezzz. Now you're playing the effing race card. Why don't you just go dry up completely?

I knew all along your supposed new found tolerance was only a front.

Stay out of my threads moron. You lower the cost/performance ratio.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:24 AM   #70
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Original Thought

Here's an original thought... Let's actually CARE about quality. Let's care if a bike leaks oil. Let's care if our bikes reliable. Let's care about performance, not just trade on our brand names. Let's do all this and revolutionize motorcycles !

---- The Japanese
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote