Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

View Poll Results: Yeah, so Yossef's in Italy on the 999 and I'm not. Thus, I:
Hate that stinking bastage! 19 9.05%
Hate you all (on general principal) 16 7.62%
It's all good, I'm happy for him 30 14.29%
I hate the guy that's happy for him! 6 2.86%
I'll trade my sister for a plane ticket and a Duc 66 31.43%
25 11.90%
11 5.24%
37 17.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #141
littlemack
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

does anybody actually like the mirror integrated marker lights?
littlemack is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2002, 05:59 PM   #142
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki original thought

In addition to all your facts and lame opinions you've managed to make everyone on this list, sportbikers and cruiser guys alike, hate you. Thank you for unifying us all!

Does your mother even like you?

You've never had a date in your entire life have you?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:06 PM   #143
richardnixon
Founding Member

Yes. Very much. Most motorcycles have marker lights that look like after thoughts. Not the new Ducati 999. It's not an original idea, but it looks great. Go see the bike in person. It's quite lovely.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:20 PM   #144
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Wow 300 miles in a weekend. Look out Iron Butt club.

I'm Italian so you must be a racist for not liking Ducati.

I don't dispute the fact that the Japanese make excellent products however there is more to motorcycling than just performance numbers. Certain bikes just "feel" different than others. Ducatis and Harleys have found the magic. 1/4 miles times are unimportant when you have a smile on your face.

Remember, the Japanese auto industry has been cutting apart BMWs for years trying to figure out what makes them "feel" so good and they still haven't gotten it right.

I drive a Toyota Tundra if it makes you feel any better.

Go on a date you won't be so angry all the time.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:16 PM   #145
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Suzuki original thought

LOL You guys brought up the race thing by saying the Japanese only copy things. Hopefully nowyou see how wrong you were
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #146
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I can't go out with you Buzglyd

I am flattered you asked me on a date but I am not gay. I have an Irish wife with two girls. No anger here unless I see racism or excuses for bad American products. My Ninja has a soul especially when it howls as I am passing Harley's So I think you guys are all wet there about the soul. As for character in motorcycles that usually means high repair bills and tempermental bikes.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:29 PM   #147
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Yes they copied it from Honda. :)

I like the idea they could take a good idea from Honda.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:16 AM   #148
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Re: Original Thought

I agree with most of your points. However, I would give them a little more credit for inovation. I can't remember anyone building a production bike with FI or a turbo before the Japanese in the late seventies and early eighties. Process improvement is a strong point, but it's deeper than that. It's a cultural thing. By American standards they are kinda anal. They can't stand to produce something half-a$$, or "good enough". This feeling is reflected at every level of design and production. Lucky for us!

Although I live in Japan love Japanese bikes, I ride a BMW. The Japanese ability to update and improve their bikes every year is a double edged sword. Japanese bikes hold value like diapers, you can't get anything for a used one. After many years of Japanese bikes, I got tired of bending over at trade-in time.

However, if you keep a Japanese bike for several years and ride the wheels off it, its a good investment. I'm not so patient.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:12 AM   #149
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I can't go out with you Buzglyd

While I agree that Americans produced some total crap including Harley, commenting on the Japanese ability to improve upon an existing product rather than inventing a product is not racism and you cheapen the term by calliing it that.

By the way I put 36,000 miles on my H-D Lowrider without one mechanical problem before I sold it and I currently have 15,000 on my Ducati ST4 and have only had one mechanical (at about 4,000). It sounds like your Ninja has been in the shop.

By the way, what other bikes have you owned or ridden since you are highly opinionated I'm curious if you've put any serious miles on anything other than that Ninja of yours?
Old 10-22-2002, 04:25 AM   #150
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Let me destroy your agruement one by one with facts.

You just proved my argument. You say yourself they created them to satisfy a demand and win races. They are obvious copies and you never deny that. All the sportbikes are original? How do they all end up looking the same with the same design then? Because they copy from each other! Ever hear of the UJM? I think you need to look that one up becuase I didn't make it up. the 80's bikes were so similar that the moto-press coined the term Universal Japanese Motorcycle. So with all that "originality" present, why did this term become standard?