Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

View Poll Results: Yeah, so Yossef's in Italy on the 999 and I'm not. Thus, I:
Hate that stinking bastage! 19 9.05%
Hate you all (on general principal) 16 7.62%
It's all good, I'm happy for him 30 14.29%
I hate the guy that's happy for him! 6 2.86%
I'll trade my sister for a plane ticket and a Duc 66 31.43%
25 11.90%
11 5.24%
37 17.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2002, 11:12 AM   #111
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

Sweet, very high mileage or what? Actually I just checked out KBB and thats right at private party pricing with 78k miles. Scary that it loses $10k a year after it rolls out the door. Ive been thinking about that option though. I love the last gen 7's.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2002, 11:14 AM   #112
mconlon
Founding Member

I like the 999 design... just not as Ducati's Superbike entry. Would have made a fine SuperSport design--leaps and bounds ahead of the current SuperMono (that's what's great about Ducati's--they're all "super") abortion on wheels the SuperSport actually got saddled with. But it just leaves me flat, seeing this superbike design and comparing it to the lines and design of Ducati's not-designed-by-Terblanche Moto GP entry. Rumor has it Ducati wouldn't let Terblanche anywhere near the next-gen Monster design. Thank the godz for that if true...

Mike C

97 M900
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:27 AM   #113
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Meanwhile

The Cube has the highest top speed in the series. Now if it can lose some weight and get the setup Edwards is going to be a fury on it.

Bayliss will be fun to watch too on the new Duc. Curious to see how the V 4 with the 1,3-2,4 firing order will run.

I am really anxious to see if the BMW rumors pan out. I would really love to see them turn all the 4 wheel racing knowledge towards the 2 wheel line. The cutaway drawing on MCN 6 months ago had my attention. Since a 990 3 banger has the same volume as 3 pistions of the F1 engine, the power plant seems to be easy enough to make. Now just getting the weight down on the rest would be the challange. Well if my 600+ lb sport tourer is any indicaiton.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:28 AM   #114
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Let me destroy your agruement one by one with facts.

[*] Copies of Harley, I count two VT and Shadow. You are counting variants i.e. sub models not fair/ Why did Honda do that? Because they saw that Harley created a demand for V-Twin that Honda could satisfy with superior technology and fit and finish
[*] Copies of Ducati, RC51 and Superhawk minus the desmo valves of course. Why did Honda do that? Because they knew that the WSB rules favored V-Twins and they knew they could do better than Ducati. They built a faster more durable 90 degree V-Twin. With displacement being equal the V-Twin is inferior i.e. look at MotoGp event Ducati has abandoned the V-Twin.
[*] Honda orignal models CBR, Interceptor, Goldwing, RR, Valkareye, Nighthawk[*]

[*] Yamaha original models R1, R6 and VMax, Warrrior because it is a performance cruiser
[*] Kawasaki all Ninjas, Concours, even MeanStreak because it is a performance cruiser

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:32 AM   #115
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL Compare paystubs?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:57 AM   #116
gforces
Founding Member

Default Galluzi is doing it.

It is true. Ducati's commissioning Galuzzi (sp?) to re-design it.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:58 AM   #117
gforces
Founding Member

Default Time to break out the daisy dukes and walk the streets

With me pimpin, you'll get that 999 in no time.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:02 PM   #118
12er
Founding Member

Default Don't agree, just b1tching.

We just need to quit being lazy blame throwers. Its always someone elses fault and its never my job. Then the Profit above all else mentality is driving us down faster than anything. Pride, honesty and integrity have somehow got thrown off the train. Add in that everyone is a victim in this society so there goes accountability. "Life is so unfair" so we all go cry to our shrinks, who love every minute and never want to "cure" us as there goes his meal ticket. Same with Doctors, why cure anything when you can bill them every month for dope for the rest of their lives. Yet beyond all this we are convinced that we are superior to everyone else on the planet. This country is suffering from a severe cranial rectal inversion... Then again from what Ive heard no where else is much better.

So who wants in on the pool to see when this society crumbles like every other one before?

Old 10-21-2002, 12:08 PM   #119
redexces
Founding Member

Default Re: Give ME a break KPaul

There he goes again, huffing and puffing like the big, bad wolf. Then again, a cat when cornered will spit and claw to escape. Like his prior posts on this topic, this is more of the same "intelligence" he advocates others to include.

Except for one post, he and those in his camp have yet to offer credible supporting arguments to their assertion that the Japanese lack innovation and originality. How ironic - the very individuals who would level these accusations are themselves devoid of original arguments, and yet they don't even realize it. Their offerings are nothing more than old, retreaded tires. You'll have to do better than that to gain a bit of respect from me.

But silly me, I now realize my first mistake. I made the assumption that reasonably intelligent life existed in this forum, that some form of rational dialogue can inform, enlighten and disrupt our thinking. But alas, I was sadly mistaken. I used to wonder, based on countless encounters and observations at the weekend roadhouses, whether motorcyclists in general occupied the lower 50 percentile of the IQ distribution curve. Sadly, the evidence in this forum only confirms my suspicion. No longer do I wonder.

It is time for me to move on, in hopes of making that one little discovery that proves my theory wrong. Beam me up Scotty.
redexces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:27 PM   #120
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Re: Electronics innovation

The Japanese have already set the precedent with databus wiring on cars, starting with the first generation infinity Q45.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote