Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427)

seruzawa 10-21-2002 05:12 AM

Re: 2003 Ducati 999 Reader Feedback

Looks like KPaul found a new word.. "racist". Ad hominem attacks are the refuge of the simple-minded.

seruzawa 10-21-2002 05:14 AM

Re: Reliability

We all know that Bibi Reboso made you say that!

NAWOW 10-21-2002 05:17 AM

Re: Meanwhile

Hey KPaul, I take no exeption to your post, but in my opinion, it wasn't just Honda's doing for the WSB. Yes, a good bike (and team) was involved, but the real star of that show was Colin Edwards II. Good old American heroism had a hand in it, too!

And for all those Bayliss fans out there: He's not too shabby either. Will be very interesting to watch these two gentlemen (underline gentlemen) mix it up in the MotoGP stable. I hope the Aprilia will be on the pace. The GP culture could stand some shaking up.

seruzawa 10-21-2002 05:27 AM

All well and good. However the problems with innovation and creativity in Japanese industry is an acknowledged problem of Japanese industry itself. This is not to say that no innovation occurs. Heavens no. Honda has come out with some decent innovations like the CXseries and GL series. And no one could deny the abilities of Pops Yoshimura.

The problem is simply a cultural one. Japanese education rewards roteness in learning and does not encourage originality. This is changing. Alternately U.S. education has become so degraded that we can expect an loss of innovative ideas as young people are now so poorly educated that the average college grad could not pass a High School entrance exam from 1900.

Just listen to KPaul and his mindless accusations of racism as proof.

jstoker_1 10-21-2002 05:46 AM

Re: Bought One

Are you anywhere near Atlanta? I am looking for a place to ride on the track next year. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

And congrats on the bike--they are beautiful, at least to my eyes.

Huss 10-21-2002 06:26 AM

The same thing happened to me in college. It was when the CBR900 first came out. A buddy had one, while I had a ratty 1984 GPZ 550 Kawi that cost me $600, but it was all mine and I loved it. We were parked off a canyon road and some dude pulls up, runs over to the bikes. My buddy was ready for the compliments, but the dude went crazy over my 550, commenting how he had had one of the early ones! Priceless!

Huss 10-21-2002 06:27 AM

Re: Life is so unfair.

Oh, and the Golf 1.8 turbo, but my girlfriend uses that so I'm not sure if that really counts...

longride 10-21-2002 06:28 AM

Re: Give ME a break KPaul

"It appears Longride should heed his own advice, judging from this post. This is nothing more than junkfood, 7th grade lockerroom drivel....my **** is bigger than yours....intellectual dishonesty on display. "

Wow, all this just from proving you wrong by default? Did I hurt your little feelings? I must be doing something right to provoke a post like this from someone I have never even acknowledged. Lets see, you can't respectfully disagree and I can't respect BS artists like you. Your Japanese Originality post is the biggest fraud and lie I have seen since MO started. You have KPaul hook, line and sinker with it though. Those 13 copycat designs from Honda pose a problem with your "facts"? Here is a thought for you (not original). When KPaul is on your side you are on the losing end by default. Then again my "intellectual dishonesty" may be on display. LOL What a joke. Come back with respect or don't come back. I won't be so easy on you next time.

dlinder 10-21-2002 06:40 AM

I can't comment about all the ones you mentioned, but when you throw out the RC 51 as an 'inferior V-twin' you are waving the stupid flag so high that even I can't help but see it.

Perhaps you should tell Colin Edwards about how inferior that bike is.

And anyway, all those Shadow's and VTX's were inferior to what? Harley Knuckleheads? You must be trolling because you can't possibly be serious.

longride 10-21-2002 07:01 AM

Maybe you need a reading comprehension class. I never said the v-twin was inferior. The Honda Corporation in the 1980's called the v-twin an "inferior design" and stated that as the cause of Harley's troubles in the 80's. Both Yamaha and Honda instructed Harley to produce a "superior" inline four, like they do, to be a successful company. How many inline fours compared to v-twins do those companies now produce? Duplicity of thought comes easy to them. So, now you can apologize for missing the entire point and being completely misinformed. Apology accepted.