Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-17-2002, 05:22 AM   #11
dcnnj
Founding Member

Default Re: Over or under

I think that the electric vest would best be served if you wore it over the ComforTemp vest. That way, you control the temperature of the layer right at your skin. Otherwise, you just end up melting the paraffin to no good effect.
dcnnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2002, 05:52 AM   #12
buhl
Founding Member

Default Re: Product Review: ComforTemp Jacket

To bad you don't have any place to ride.
buhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:01 AM   #13
sarnali
Founding Member

sounds goodbut $175 is rich for my blood, guess I'll stick to my thermies and poler-tec pull-over, I had a BMW system helmet for years and it was really nice with the flip front and good reflecter sticker graphics, I don't know if they still import those or not but it was as good as the shoei rf800 I have now.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:18 AM   #14
zx900e1
Founding Member

I have a Vanson perforated leather jacket. It works very well in hot weather. On one trip, the thermometer was getting close to 40°C (104°F), too hot even for the jacket, so I pulled over by the side of a creek, soaked my t-shirt with water, put everything back on and kept on riding. It was like riding with an air conditioner.
zx900e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:11 PM   #15
ErricZ
Registered Member

Default Re: ComforTemp Gloves

Here, here! I do not work for BMW, I just own one.

I've used the ComforTemp gloves in the past and they are great. While my body was freezing under thermals, fleece, and leathers, my hands were "just right." Freekin' Goldilocks over here ... Anyway, I haven't tried the jacket out yet, but I'd be more than willing to try it out in crummy New Jersey weather and review it if MO subsidizes my, ahem, "research" -- clock's a tickin' guys.
ErricZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:35 PM   #16
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default RE: Over or under the electric vest?

For "maximum warmth", my experience shows that the electric gear should be as close to your skin (without directly touching it) as you can get it. The more layers of clothing between your skin and the heat, the more layers of insulation preventing that heat from getting to your body.
donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #17
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

50F????? who needs a fancy coat for 50F????

Come live in the Mid west and ride ...wuss!
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #18
johnnyb
Founding Member

YESSSS! I win the $100...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #19
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Hey, kids, rock and roll...

Listen, I'm *really happy* MO is in Cali, riding in some of the worst traffic in the world. That way, they can tell me accurately about good commuting gear.

And I love the time difference, being in Hotlanna myself. I sent an email to Burnsie yesterday-or-so at, like, 2030, and I got a reply!! Not only did I get a reply, it came within two hours-ish. Actually being able to have the editorial gods deign to notice me is worth the subscription.

But, Man, the question is this: are you legally allowed to wear Big Mexican Woman-branded gear if you don't ride a Big Mexican Woman? Is that anything like wearing an Official H-D Black Leather jacket whilst riding a Hurricane?

On the other hand, I met a guy at the local pipe shoppe the other day who rides an airhead boxer (R80, I think) with H-D engineer boots, Darien pants, Belstaff jacket, and skid lid. Whatever creams your Twinkie, I 'spose.

And by way of letter to the editors: you know, Edmund's, the big, free, car info site, has a list of the "Editors' Most Wanted." It gives the staff's picks for best car in any given category, like "Under $12k" and "Econosports" and "Entry Luxury" and a paragraph or so blurb as to ytheir rationale. I wonder if we could get y'all to work on something like that? Hey, big feature, updated annually maybe, and you don't have to work very much to write it. Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #20
DeanW66
Founding Member

Ehh, what about a jacket/suit that is all of the above? Imagine, protective (ever read the the story of the beemer rider whose suit melted to him when he fell off?), flows air in summer, has rain protection for weather, has quilted linings for those that need cold protection?

Think it doesn't exist? It does.

Disclaimer: I work for the importer of said product. Maybe someday it'll get a review here.
DeanW66 is offline   Reply With Quote