Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-13-2002, 08:43 AM   #31
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Default Re: The Great Nickname Debate:

I would go for Sticks altho Crash is always a good choice in the cases.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2002, 09:14 AM   #32
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: How to Get Started in Road Racing

Good article:Like most I tend to lean towards the used bike -race only approach.A good followup would be an article on which used affordasble bikes can be raced without a lot of expense(MZ Scorpion?,EX 500).An article on this including classes in various organizations etc. would be nice.I currently race vintage MX---my vintage road race project is stalled but Im thinking of getting a Scorpion or something similiar to get started in the meantime----an article on similiar projects would be nice.

NAS

Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:12 AM   #33
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: The Great Nickname Debate:

LOL!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:42 PM   #34
kaber0111
Founding Member

Hey.

This is a cool article, but I have 1 question.

what about insurance.

any of you have a good insurance to reccomend to use ?

there so many options on the insurance companies, and i have problems trying to figure it all out.

help
kaber0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 05:38 AM   #35
racehawk
Founding Member

Hey Sean:

Nice piece. I agree with some posters that a dedicated racebike may be logistically easier to deal with than switching back and forth. Also, buying a pre-prepped racebike is a good way to start for a lot of guys. There are lots of hawks around for short money, and an ex500 can always be had for very little money. Heck, you can find used SVs around for $3500 these days. That is, if you want to race lightweight classes. If you want to race middleweights, there are lots of old cbrs and gsxr600s floating around too.

Of course on the bigger tracks, these older lower HP bikes will get spanked by the faster bikes, but that's ok. You'll get them back in the corners, right? For the first year racing my SV, i got spanked by the stinking 250 two strokes, and some motard retard on a honda dirt bike.

Glad that you are healed Sean, are you racing any SW next year, or just Pacific? See you in Phoenix - Bring the RV again!

-chris geary

am #337
racehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 06:00 AM   #36
lasmd2000
Founding Member

I got the nick name:

"Contenda"

ie from Raging Bull's, “I could have been a contenda”. You Sean are a Contenda, nice job on the article with pertinent links.

Good luck healing, you know what "they" say... once broke, never the same. The flip side, you'll be able to predict rain days in advance...
lasmd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 06:53 AM   #37
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

"fewer testosterone-overloaded squids thinking they will score factory rides in their first season racing"

That, of course, is assuming you're not racing 600 supersports

Brad
bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 07:25 AM   #38
Bluestring
Founding Member

I think Sean's MO name should be HOTBABE because I thought Burns and the boys were going to get a hot one for the next intern. Good article but maybe Sean can use a picture of a young 20 something with big hooters. Its just a little lie and it will be good for us all.
Bluestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 07:51 AM   #39
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Now Chris, you of all people should know... BOTH of the bikes that the "Motard Retard" uses, are "Dual Purpose" That Honda Dirtbike is really a Quadruple Purpose bike: Motocross, Trail Riding, SuperTT/Motard, and Roadracer, depending on which wheels & tires I use. As for next year.... the CR is sold, but the SV is ready to go. Finances will dictate whether or not you see me in Phoenix, Vegas, etc.

The RV in Phoenix won't be happening again, I averaged about 4MPG for that trip. The Gas bill alone far exceeded the rest of the weekend combined. From now on, I'm staying at one of the fine establishments off of Chandler Blvd.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:52 AM   #40
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

At my weight, the hooters aren't really a lie.