Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-08-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Scura Reader Feedback

First post!

Yossef- you did a great job writing about this bike. There is something fascinating about Moto Guzzi. Do you have a price on this machine and is it currently available?
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 PM   #2
Captain_1
Founding Member

I'm impressed. Last week I posted a comment that you have overlooked Guzzi and now this.

Nice work Yossef, I couldn't agree more with your observations. Riding a Guzzi takes you back to a simpler time. The only difference is now they are reliable. Ciao.

Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Captain_1
Founding Member

Go to motoguzzi-us.com and check out the motorcycle locater feature.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #4
kaber0111
Founding Member

I don't know where to ask this question, but ehre it goes..

what's the diffs between 1 peice suit and 2 peice suit.

I've never worn either, but i've been kneedragging quite a bit, high siding my bike and stuff, etc..

thinking it might be time to get a suit, but i don't want to spend a lot of money on something i can't wear when i go out.

i'm guessing i should go with teh 2 peice, cause if it gets cold, or jus tcasual, i can jus ttake the top, or if i feel like wearing a jersey, i can jus wear the pants (like in triple x)

kaber0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:15 PM   #5
piinob
Founding Member

How much $$$. At what speed does the excessive vibration take place? I think the bag problem could be overcome. All in all it sounds like a neat bike.
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:02 PM   #6
Jimmm
Registered Member

ON the looks of the tank:

I think it was designed with a rider in place to make it look good. Note picture of rider (you?) on bike.

Jim
Jimmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Moto Guzzi V11 Scura vs Moto Guzzi Le Mans

I rode a Moto Guzzi Le Mans today. Mechanically it is very similar to the Scura profiled in this article. I noted many of the same issues.

The Le Mans looks great, a classic. The Le Mans sounds wonderful. The riding position is very comfortable. Nice power. Predictable handling.

But, I decided not to buy the bike. It's heavy. The vibration was very disappointing. After only 15 minutes my hands were already starting to tingle.

I think that Moto Guzzi has a proud history. I love the way they look, but until they are a little bit more modern I will be spending my money elsewhere.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:19 PM   #8
timesheet
Founding Member

Lovely piece on an interesting bike. Thanks!
timesheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:20 PM   #9
MuzzyMatt
Founding Member

Wow! If I ever get the $$$, my next bike is either the V11 Scura or a Ghezzi & Brian job. I currently have a Mille and let me tell you, those Italian bikes just have something that will make your heart sing. Sounds like this bike also has it.
MuzzyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #10
lampell
Registered Member

I actually own one of these bikes, they are 14000dlrs msrp and there were 60 imported into the US. 600 total were made and were numbered. The bike is not as reliable as has been suggested. It leaks oil, dies at a stoplight when it reaches operating temperature, the tach fogs up as water gets in it. I owned the 2001 "Rosso Mandello" which is also a V11 and it also leaked etc. It can be fixed but parts are a problem.

A nice bike but I am selling it and keeping my other bikes, one of which is a BMW 1100R
lampell is offline   Reply With Quote