Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #81
red-silver
Registered Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Scura Reader Feedback

Wow! Now how about a shoot out with the Scura, and an R1100s?...
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2002, 12:02 PM   #82
Zapata
Founding Member

How big is yer wallet, Ducky Boy? Seriously, you can pick up a good S or L for a few bills, factor in another thosand or two for some mechanical work that all used cars seem to call require, and you've got yourself a pretty awesome car that is still competive with other makes costing $$$ more. Just remember to change those timing belts every 30-40K miles (and throw in a new water pump just to be extra safe). I'm seriously looking at a pumped 67 GTV. Oh, well, cars (and motorcycles) are sinkholes for money....
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:34 PM   #83
terrysaab
Founding Member

I've been fortunate to ride a V11 Scura since last May and have put up 6,000km so far without a problem.

These V twins are very easy to look after and service. This is a great ride with usable power for sport touring.

I will be keeping this classic for a long time.

terrysaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #84
99R6
Founding Member

smokin da juana
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 04:14 PM   #85
Woody650
Founding Member

Heh, very funny analogy....

I absolutely love the Guzzi MGS/01 showbike, too.

I own a V11 Sport, which I like because it evokes the look and legend of the classic Guzzi sportbikes.

But the MGS/01 is the future for Guzzi. It is a drop dead gorgeous bike, nearly the same league as the 916 and much better looking, in my opinion, than the 999.

If Guzzi wants to attract and retain new riders to their sportbike line, this is the bike they need to build.

Bring it on Moto Guzzi!
Woody650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 06:02 PM   #86
FrankS1
Founding Member

The tarted up adaptation of a Japanese copy of a Ducati? I got excited when I saw the original picture of something that looked like an Egli Vincent. Then I saw that what was being offered was something with a Honda engine and a radiator.

In marketing they call the "Bait and Switch". Even if I liked the bike as offered (I don't - I think a SR51 or a suzook TL1000 with the plastic removed would be better) the bait and switch PISSES ME OFF!
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:36 AM   #87
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Re: Gearbox

From my recent test ride I would say that the 6-speed tranny is great. Surprisingly quick to engage a gear. Smooth. Well spaced ratios.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:50 AM   #88
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Moto Guzzi V11 Scura vs BMW R1100S

I am a former BMW R1100S owner. (I traded it for a Ducati ST4s.) I just recently took a MotoGuzzi Le Mans for a test ride.

The Le Mans looks very cool. It sounds great. But, I would say that the BMW is a superior machine.

The BMW has surprisingly good handling. Slightly better power. Better build quality. Optional hard luggage. More comfortable seat. And with discounted pricing now on the Sport it's also a better deal.

I want very badly to like the Moto Guzzi, but every time I'm in the market for a new bike I compare it to other options and pick the other options instead. I think the Guzzis are cool, but so far I'd rather have a BMW or Ducati or Harley.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:54 AM   #89
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What adds considerably to the article is the name of the author. I mean you need a name something like Yossef Schvetz to do an article on a Euro bike. If the correspondent was Sam Jones or Jim Smith, we wouldn't believe for a second he liked this bike or even really rode it, but the name Yossef Schvetz has the Euro panache to pull this off. Gotta love it.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:54 AM   #90
redrooster077
Founding Member

In the article you say that the mechanics smoke "fags" while building these bikes. While astride my trusty cycle, I smoke fags all the time. They drive SUVs with lots of shiny crap bolted on them (bulky, slow, too much crap bolted on for looks, sounds like a Harley...). Sometimes a Civic with clear tail lights. The funnest "fag smoking" moments are when a squid displays a rather shallow knowledge of clutch release, or counter-steering. Fun stuff. Great article, keep up the good work guys...
redrooster077 is offline   Reply With Quote