Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-09-2002, 01:56 AM   #11
TRyals
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Scura Reader Feedback

Lucky enough to have several bikes in the garage, including R1150R, ST4S, and '01 V11S Guzzi. If I had to choose one, it would be the Goose. 8k miles and NO significant problems. Never left me by the side of the road. The vibes subside over time. There are plenty of luggage solutions. Power Commander, aftermarket pipes,and proper tunning give you nearly 90 rwhp, and the handling is solid and relatively light.
TRyals is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2002, 03:01 AM   #12
kman45
Founding Member

Only when you run out of gas do they leave you on the side of the road.
kman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:03 AM   #13
badsac
Founding Member

Default Well what a good article that was.

Normally I'm a pretty cynical prick. I make up my mind early, pre-judge like some fundamentalist and can take a fair bit to budge me from that path. But I found myself in new territory reading that article. While Yossef was waxing on with well writen and highly visual prose about the wonderful elements of the bike, I kept on thinking to myself, "Damn I wan't this bike". But then when he started bagging things it was a 180 degree turn around with me thinking "Bah what a bag O ****e".

So the moral of this post beside the fact I must be going soft in the ol mellon? That Yossef should go into tele-marketing? No. Simply that was a top article and I hope to see more like it soon. And to think it looked like you guys were going to sack Yossef a while back.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:03 AM   #14
szazbo
Registered Member

As a former (and possibly future) 'Guzzi owner, I am encouraged to read a road test by someone who actually gets it. Moto Guzzi does it "just a bit differently" and should not be judged by usual "Rice Rocket" standards. Although it will get spanked by current 600cc sportbikes, it is fast/quick enough for you to feel like a hero on public roads. That's what it's all about, useable and attainable high performance for the non-racer. When I rode my Lemans, I had no pretensions of racetrack glory. Instead, I revelled in the fact that I was as fast or faster than my repli-racer buddies on the roads that we frequented. Why am I a "former" owner? We all make mistakes.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:36 AM   #15
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

This is the wrong place, but since you grammar is so bad, I will try to help you out anyway. I don't think you could find the right place.

You have been "high siding" your "bike and stuff" and you don't have a suit? Hmmm. That could be why your grammar is so bad. Your poor knees must have flat spots on them by now.

Get you a suit...you will pay for it in no time with all of the money you save on medical bills and jeans. It doesn't matter if it is a one or two piece, as long as the jacket zips to the pants on the two piece. Get one with armor and a back protector since your are high siding and stuff. Get one that has very thick leather and is stiched with kevlar...might I suggest a Vanson.

On a more general note, stop high siding and stuff...it will get you killed whether you have a suit on or not. Let us know which country and state you live in so we can watch out for you.
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:40 AM   #16
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Scura vs Moto Guzzi Le Mans

I am curious about the vibration as I thought the 90 degree v-twin was supposed to be perfectly balanced for primary vibration. My VTR-1000 is pretty smooth with its 90 degree twin. What is up?
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:52 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

I've always had a soft spot for Guzzis. It's too bad that they dropped the El Dorado style bikes for cruiser and sport styling only. After all, comfortable long distance touring is one of the Guzzis best venues. If Guzzi offered one in a more standard style I'd be sorely tempted. A friend of mine has an 80's vintage V-1000 with 90K nearly trouble free miles on it. The vibration commonly smooths out on the Guzzis after a few thousand miles.

I guess I like Guzzis for the same reason I like old iron head sportsters and Indian flatheads. I also like radial engines more than jet turbines and get a bigger kick out of steam engines than diesel/electrics. If that pi$$es off the "modern techonlogy" types then too bad.

On the plus side if you buy the Scura you get the Ohlins components and the Brembos. Figure the cost of Ohlins and Brembo upgrades for liter class Japanese bikes and you begin to come near (or surpass) the $14000 price of the Scura.

And you get something that even out poses the newbie Ducati crowd, if that be your bag. About the only thing more exclusive these days would be the new Benelli Tornado.

Old 10-09-2002, 04:58 AM   #18
pattonme
Founding Member

Default Re: where are the OTHER pictures?

Come on, you talk about seeing a selection of vintage and historic racers and get to sit on them. Where are the pictures of those bikes? We can tell your camera works just fine (if you overlook the botched crops or the inability to match up viewfinder with shutter screen).

In delightful prose you describe the train station and the town yet you didn't take any pictures of same? Come on, that article is way more than about the bike, it's about the town, the way of life and days gone by. Don't withold the true gems. Anybody can see a bike sooner or later in the dealer's or in other rags/PR material.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:59 AM   #19
TitaniumCanoe
Founding Member

A great article and a refreshing change of pace. The "Veglia familiah" caption is a classic.
TitaniumCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 05:08 AM   #20
guzzijason
Founding Member

Default Re: Problems? Not me...

In a about a year and a half, I've put ~18K miles on my V11 Sport. No oil leak. I have half a dozen good friends that all have varioius Guzzis, including one that's 20 years old with ~150K miles. NONE of them leak oil. Perhaps you've been cursed, lampell!

Never had my tach fog, and I've ridden in some "Noah-type" rain.

The "stoplight stall" seems to be somewhat common on the EFI Guzzis, but can be corrected with tuning.

Parts have been a problem lately, but I think that's due to the factory in Italy relocating, and also MGNA relocating around the same time. Sounds like a bit of confusion resulted from that, but should be getting better (hopefully!).

__Jason

00 M900Dark

00 V11 Sport
guzzijason is offline   Reply With Quote