Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Formula Xtreme Attack GSX-R1000 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1408-formula-xtreme-attack-gsx-r1000-reader-feedback.html)

TheHighwayman 10-04-2002 04:44 PM

Squid Hieroglyphics

Lookin' over the Asian atrocity cycles, how come they’re all covered with the junk characters of who knows what far eastern feudalism? Ninja-jackoff this, Haya-booboo that, all festooned with mock Oriental script and sacred dragons making ‘em look like they were painted by prehistoric Japanese cave-dwellers.

Now, if these atrocity cycles are going to be a lesson on wheels for talking Oriental, how come they canÂ’t do it like a menu at a Chinese restaurant, where itÂ’s all printed in English on the other side?

Though I reckon weÂ’d find the only thing on the menu is squid.

They call me . . . The Highwayman

Paul_Grimmett 10-04-2002 04:50 PM

Re: Squid Hieroglyphics

They call me . . . The Highwayman

But we call you.....the moron

v4bryan 10-04-2002 04:58 PM

O' fer crissakes...

As I understand it, the Big Four were going to use an incomprehensible system of letters that related in no obvious way to the motorcycles themselves, but Harley apparently patented that nomenclature instead when they lost out on the potato-potato "sound". It seems the Big Four had to settle for using numbers (like in a Chinese restaurant) such as 954RR and GSXR1000. I'm told that HD would never use numbers 'cuz people would figure out how big and slow the power plants were.

They never call me...late for dinner.

Captain_1 10-04-2002 05:05 PM

Re: Formula Xtreme Attack GSX-R1000 Reader Feedback

JB, I hear you man. After a stressful day -- or stressful week, a good ride (be it on a motorcycle or something hotter) can be truly satisfying and sets things right. High performance, machines or otherwise, is what we live for.

painter_1 10-04-2002 05:25 PM

WHAT?????

Hadji 10-04-2002 07:17 PM

Cojones, Cojones, Cojones.

Thanks, John!

I may never get to ride motorcycle with 200 hp and 372 lb. wet weight, but I've got an idea of just how ass-puckering somthing like that can be just by reading your article. So you never really got to whack open the throttles all the way? Damn. Some people might say your getting old, I'll say your getting wise. Obviously this motorcycle is not mastered in a day. It would probably take months of daily riding to "get comfortable" with it.

I do have one question. Is this the first motorcycle with electronics that analyzes all vehicle dynamics to decide engine management? If it is, the futures so bright I gotta wear shades! Someone will be able to build a 200 lb. single with 75 hp! Yeeaaah, that's what I'm talking about!

OK, Highwayman....say no to roadkill.

dwr461 10-04-2002 10:47 PM

I can hardly wait to see what he says about German bikes. This stuff is too funny. Keep the comedy coming. The Highwayman, that is rich.

With milk coming of out my nose,

Dave

Z3Coupe 10-05-2002 09:03 AM

Re: O' fer crissakes...

Good point, because what is a FLXHSIDBHSDYTD anyway?

hungmiester 10-05-2002 09:40 AM

Highway just gets pissed when a GSX-R or a RR comes blowing past him. Just accept that the japanese build faster, better, more reliable bikes than Fat-Boy-Blob this or Sputster that.

They call me early for breakfast before a ride.

Ride hard.

SeanAlexander 10-05-2002 11:19 AM

Hung,

If you really think that Highway is a cruiser rider with penis envy, you are naive in the extreme. Even if I believed (and I don't) that he is sincere with his flame baits, it's still illogical to think that dynamic performance is what motivates the purchase of a cruiser.

P.S. What is wrong with penis envy? I envy Mike Tyson, though no doubt... he's a ****.

Ride Flaccid.