Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1402-reader-feedback-honda-cbr1100xx-vs-kawasaki-zz-r1200.html)

TRC51 10-01-2002 04:41 AM

Re: Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

Honda's "newly" revised LBS on the Inteceptor and will probably make it to the next 'bird.

"Using the front brake lever activates the outer two pistons of the left-side front caliper, all three pistons of the right-side caliper and the center piston of the rear caliper. Rear pedal engagement activates the two outer pistons of the rear caliper and the center piston in the left-front caliper. "

obandoj 10-01-2002 06:21 AM

It means drawers as in a dresser or cabinet, cajas are boxes, I love my VFR too.

obandoj 10-01-2002 06:29 AM

Re: Other things to look at that give Honda a edge. Kawasaki short comings

Kawasaki has been on my ***** list since the mid 80's when all the Ninjas (250, 600 and 900) Turned out to be the most unreliable, soft cam, candy valved junk ever seen in the USA, I used to be a big Kawasaki fan in the 70's and early 80's (KZ 900, 1000, 650) And then went out and bought a 900 Ninja, worst mistake ever! Never again!

BBD_Racing 10-01-2002 09:33 AM

THANK YOU HACK!

I have been begging for gearing info for quite some time. horsepower is a computed, value that just helps us see torque through the lens of gearing. The real deal is torque multiplied by gearing. I did some spreadsheets of a few bikes and it explained a whole lot.

KPaulCook 10-01-2002 09:39 AM

Thanks for the advice

JohnGeisz 10-01-2002 10:49 AM

Re: Ram-air horsepower boosts...

Thanks! I just spit Diet Coke all over my monitor. (lol)

john 10-01-2002 11:35 AM

Come back after 75,000 miles and brag about reliability

whoohoo, i put 10,000 miles on my bandit in 6 months......its just now gettin broken in........

12er 10-01-2002 12:17 PM

Re: Hondas are great, but a little staid for my tastes.

Lets just say burned once is all I need. My 93 Ford Supercab that self destructed imediately after the 36k warrentee expired did the same. No more Fords in my future either.

Kawi has never been on the top of the reliability list and my experiance reinforced that. A guy down the street from me with a KLR had to replace the motor at 15k also. This mind you is a 16+ year old design as the only thing they have changed is the paint.

As for the dealer I would never buy anything from Golden Gate Cycles in SF. Do a little searching on the web and you'll read what I mean. That shop is horrible!!! Concord Kawasaki does great work and is where I bought the bike, unfortunately it didnt blow up in the neighborhood. Though as soon as I got it out of GGC I managed to ride it to Concord and get the issue solved within two weeks.

When you hear rumors, experiance the same then watch someone else experiance it, that tends to sway you a bit. Im not saying I hate Kawi's mind you (Ive owned 3), just they dont offer anything that I cant buy from a more reliable marque.

Eric 10-01-2002 12:44 PM

John,

My post was meant to be a little ironic given KPaul's past "misgivings" about Buell. I will not make the claim that Buell has the ultimate reliabiliity record, nor will I get into a pissing contest about # of miles ridden. I ride more than the average rider (at least I did before I moved), less than some that are more dedicated than me.

No problems with my Buell so far. To be perfectly honest, I doubt I will be the one to put 75,000 miles on it.

MATTinRI 10-01-2002 01:22 PM

Re: Legroom?

My last bike was an ST1100, the bike before an FJ1200. The ST was very comfortable, but boring, I really missed the FJ's engine. I like the Superhawks weight & handling, just wish it had liter-class grunt & a bit more legroom. I'd really go for an R1 or CBR the ZX-9 tank cutouts dont fit me) if it weren't for the legroom issue. 150 miles has my knees screaming! Thats why I was wondering about the possibility of aftermaket mod to increase the legroom.