Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-30-2002, 09:57 AM   #41
SuzukiStucki
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

This is the kind of great content that your loyal subscribers have come to love and expect from MO. It was good to see Johnny B put his talents to productive use again after his forey into the dark side (politics) last week. Keep up the good work.
SuzukiStucki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #42
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Other things to look at that give Honda a edge. Kawasaki short comings

I guess given my recent negative experience with my Ninja. It is in the shop for a possible head gasket leak, after only 7500 miles[*]I think I would look harder at things like maintenance intervals. Hondas may be 16,000 versus the usual 7500 for the Kawa. at $350 a pop[*] Hondas record for reliability versus Kawasaki.[*]Smothness is a good thing according to my Mechanical Engineer colleagues. Means other parts will last longer[*]Linked Brakes is a good thing for most people
[*]Fuel injection is more pratical for us folks that live in colder climates
[*]Honda bike is a well proven design with lots of bikes out there for data points

Right now Kawasaki is on my sh_t list. Good thing I bought the extended warranty. Although I never thought I would have to use it. Next time its a Honda I buy.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 10:52 AM   #43
blackburd
Founding Member

Ahh yes. The ol' "Better to ask forgiveness than to beg permission" ploy.

I think you should go for it.

blackburd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:52 AM   #44
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Ram-air horsepower boosts...

LOL
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 12:23 PM   #45
MATTinRI
Registered Member

Default Re: Legroom?

I've been admiring the FJ, but the Kawi sound like a great package. Anyone know how the legroom compares with the FJ or my current ride - a Superhawk (not impressed with the hawk's powerplant)? Also, what do aftermarket rearsets accomplish - would they lessen the angle of my knee bend or make it worse? I'm really looking for a sport-tourer with emphasis on sport, but it need to be kind to an old man's long legs!
MATTinRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #46
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default Re: Legroom?

Try a BMW 1150GS. Being able to ride hundreds of miles in total comfort and still stuff football-humping sportbike riders in the corners is a ton of fun.

rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #47
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: A Dark Cloud

side-walk-boy made it up, to go along with his percieved manly life style, Kind of like all those village people fans in the leather bars him and his posse hang out in, they seperate the men from the boys alright, with a pry-bar. The Kawasaki kicks ass though, the Honda, as with all new Hondas, it seems, is just overly refined if thats the word, is it possible to be so advanced that you lose the viscarial thrill from a more mechanical feeling machine, part of the fun of sport standards and Harley's and older BMW's and that is the mechanical rush you get hearing and feeling the machine at work, unless you have a 1000 mile day in front of you I guess,then smooth is nice, I guess I just need three or four bikes for each occasion, anyway, blah blah blah, Highwayman, please go away
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

I got an online quote from progressive for my '01 Bandit that was a little less than state farm, Full coveridge w/ 500 deductable was $340 per year vs. $350 w/ state farm, not enough to switch, but I'd keep them in mind
Old 09-30-2002, 01:46 PM   #49
ZR-7
Founding Member

My '02 Bandit 1200S is $110 per year from GMAC/Rider Magazine program.

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:47 PM   #50
sarnali
Founding Member

that's what I do too, she doesn't complain when I buy her a new car every few years, so I figure fairs fair, one peice of advice though... get seperate checking accounts, that way she don't get mad at me for spending bike money, and I don't care about her QVC and "crafts" money, I just put up with the popurri stench when I 'm in the house