Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #31
markszrz
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

Get a "Rider" magazine and check out the "Rider" coverage offered through GMAC. I pay about $250.00 per year (with 1 ticket) but Geico is the lowest for my truck.
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2002, 09:16 AM   #32
gringolet
Founding Member

Default Ram-air horsepower boosts...

So the ram-air effect varies from bike to bike and is hard to quantify, eh? OK... I'm not an engineer and so open myself to scorn and ridicule with the following suggestion, but hell - it's all in the name of horsepower!!

Get a mass-flow air sensor from, say, a wrecked late-model Honda Civic. Mount it in the air intake snorkle of your test bike and attach it to a data-capture unit. (You could power them off the linked brake system's wiring harness...) Ride at fixed speeds for several minutes at each speed to generate and record air-flow readings.

Once you have your readings, experiment with the same set-up on the dyno, using a leaf blower or something to aim a high-speed air current at the intake. This will result in a crude approximation of the ram-air effect, and give you something to do while avoiding less enjpyable responsibilities.
gringolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #33
gringolet
Founding Member

Default The Highwayman

Strange... I call you "The A**-Master..." Or, sometimes, "The Pompous Windbag" or "The Rolling Verbosity." Try spending more time riding and less time sneaking around barns with your culottes around your ankles.
gringolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:24 AM   #34
Closet_Bad_Ass
Founding Member

I really wanted a ZZR until it was compared to a Camaro. Oh well. I'll have to go back to longing for an Aprilia Futura, which may be inferior to the performance of the ZZR but a whole lot sexier. Not that it really matters since my wife won't let me buy either one of them.

Can we use this forum to post adds for wife-swapping? My wife's hot, but she doesn't understand the need to upgrade from a 20 year-old Honda CB750.
Closet_Bad_Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:29 AM   #35
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Re: A Dark Cloud

Based solely on the number of sentence fragments and comma splices in The HarleyEmployee's latest post, I would guess 'atrociteur' is a figment of his imagination, much like his concept of Harley's superiority. I'm too lazy to drag out the OED for this dink, though.

From a literary standpoint, what was with the protagonist dropping his pants? What the hell was that all about? Plot is obivously not his forte. In general, this post far vastly inferior to the first. My image of the biker-badass-poet renaissance man has been slightly wounded. I do hope he can redeem himself in the near future.
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:41 AM   #36
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Wife Swapping

So, you want a less-hot wife that will let you get a new bike?

I don't know, man...

I guess I'm just lucky, since I've got a hot girlfriend that loves Ducati. She says I'll get laid more - by her - if I get a Monster. Like I need another excuse.

Anybody want to buy a Honda NT650 ?
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:59 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Ram-air horsepower boosts...

It would be more entertaining to use Madonna for the required "ram-air effect".
Old 09-30-2002, 10:29 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Wife Swapping

Maybe she wanted you to get a different kind of Monster to get laid more often. Make sure you claify that one before the purchase!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:35 AM   #39
12er
Founding Member

Just do like I did, come home with the bike. Once the papers are signed there isnt much you can do about it. The few weeks she's ticked off at ya, you'll be out riding anyway.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #40
ARTBIZTOMMY
Founding Member

Default Re: A Dark Cloud

moron....
ARTBIZTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote