Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-30-2002, 06:24 AM   #21
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

I just have to ask.. How does the insurance monsters classify these bikes? I am in the market for a sport tourer and got a shock from Geico, they classify the FJR in the same category as the Hayabusa. Luckily there are calmer heads prevailing at Statefarm. If this is in the SPORT bike class insurance is going to be incredible.
twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2002, 06:39 AM   #22
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: A Dark Cloud

Uggghhhh...

Huh?

What the?

huh huh, he said skulked

And what does this "statement" have to do with the test?
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:44 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

You never did respond to the comment about the fact that Honda Shadows are more "made in USA" with a higher percentage of domestically produced parts than any HD.

Chicken.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:45 AM   #24
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Absolutely nothing. He was just demonstrating his considerable talents as an uninformed jackass.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:50 AM   #25
NortonVFR
Founding Member

Woops, screwed it up.

BMW Sport Oriented: Front activates all brakes. Rear activates only the rear brake. Goal seems to be to allow independent use of rear brake (back that baby into the corner!).

BMW Touring Oriented: Either brake activates all calipers. Goal seems to be to deliver maximum braking power no matter what you squeeze/stomp.

Honda VFR/XX: Front lever partially activates rear brake. Rear peddle partially activates front brake. Goal seems to be to keep bike level and in control during aggressive braking.

Moto Guzzi California: Front lever operates front brake only. Rear lever operates front & back brake. Goal seems to be to avoid locking up the rear brake.

It is interesting that no one has come up with a consistent approach to LBS. Given the importance of effective braking, you'd think there would be greater consensus in the industry.

Quote from article:

The new BMW integral system comes in two flavors, to suit sporting bikes and tourers. On the sporting bikes - including the R1150R - the partially integrated system offers control of both front and rear brakes with the front brake lever: the rear brake lever controls only the rear disc. On touring models, like the R1150RT, the ABS system is fully integrated, so both front and rear brakes can be activated by the foot pedal or the front brake lever, and full braking requires 50% less braking effort.
NortonVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 07:00 AM   #26
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

'twas my understanding that "cajones" meant boxes.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:00 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

I've gotten quotes from Geico on several vehicles. They seem to be the absolutely most expensive insurance company around.

Try Nationwide. I do my Suzuzki 1100 performance bike for about $120 per year for liability. Geico wanted around $250.

On my truck I pay about $400 per year on Farmer's. Geico wanted $1200 for the same policy. They really suck.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:47 AM   #28
dwr461
Founding Member

Is atrociteur a word? I mean it's not in my American dictionary. Prehaps I should try a Japanese to English dictionary?

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:58 AM   #29
dnakase
Founding Member

Default Re: Dyno graphs wrong?

Just tape a cloths dryer duct to the ram air intakes, then get a salon strenth hair dryer...
dnakase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:08 AM   #30
markszrz
Founding Member

It's his 10 seconds of fame - pretty sad.
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote