Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-03-2002, 09:49 AM   #101
SuzukiStucki
Founding Member

Default Re: uhhh...

I didn't mean to imply that Johnny B wrote the article; I meant to compliment YOU for both (a) writing an excellent and helpful bike review (I almost bought a ZZR1200 last summer and I now will buy one in the spring) and (b) getting Johnny B to do something productive again instead of writing about politics. You have my luv, but in a purely heterosexual, homophobic, bike-related kind of way.
SuzukiStucki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #102
crackerdaddy
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

Isn't Honda coming out w/ a revised XX soon? I heard it is going to be a 1300, that should be interesting
crackerdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:31 PM   #103
pmmonster
Founding Member

Default Re: Ram-air horsepower boosts... Madonna

Nice try except the point is to create wind, not vacuem... unless you could stuff her into the airbox. (LOL)
pmmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 02:10 PM   #104
Big_C
Founding Member

Can't speak for the Kawasaki (althought I've owned several in the 70s and 80's), but I can tell you that my '99 Blackbird has been stone cold reliable. I love the smoothness of the engine and once you've had a taste of a fuel injected bike you'll never go back. The fit and finish are superb. The power is rediculous. Maybe what really should be the determining factor would be the dealer.
Big_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:26 PM   #105
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Re: uhhh...

thank you.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:36 PM   #106
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default misunderstood, again

Ghahhhh, I hate being misunderstood, but it happens to me way more than many other pleasant things that I wish would occur more often. First off, it wasn't racing, it was a track day- in State Farm's mind, that is the equivalent of practicing your skills anywhere else. Second off, I didn't crash, he hit me. Third off, the whole insurance thing was a last-resort measure in case the guy was being difficult and I needed lawyer messiness. He was cool and we settled without any such unpleasantries. Whee!
Old 11-11-2002, 09:24 AM   #107
motoman_1
Founding Member

a couple of items that would sway me one way or the other- has Kawasaki done anything to the ZX line up to cure the dreaded main bearing failure that is so common on the #3 main? Has anything been done to improve the reliability of the transmissions? There is a reason used engines are so expensive- you can't hardly find one! Kawasaki made the same engine with built in flaws for years. Would I buy another Kaw? Probably not....
motoman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:32 PM   #108
wwjdwithca
Founding Member

For anyone who may be looking at buying one of these two bikes or any other top end sport bike for that matter:

MO kind of misses the boat the Honda. This bike is all about refined ability. If your looking for a great Touring-Sport this bike is tremendous! Ultra smooth power delivery. excellent transmission, and very smooth ride. Quite able in the canyons, and can go hyper speeds without effort. Gauges are excellent, seat is comfortable, and ergos are good.

The list of nicely polished design features is long: Fuel Injection with no idle speed required, Linked Braking System for effortless braking with a single finger, electronic gauge package, and tremendous aerodynamics.

No bike can match the CBR 1100's combinations of power, speed, handling, reliability, comfort and sophistication. If you reign one of those factors as being more important than another; than the XX is not your machine of choice. But if you rate them all nearly equal than........you get the idea.

wwjdwithca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:34 PM   #109
Z-Rod
Founding Member

Default I miss the ThunderAce and FZR-1000

Interesting. Kawi has two hyper-big bores. Honda has one. Suzi has one. Yamaha has none. Now the FZ-1000 does double duty as a near-naked bike and luxo-GT I guess. But if you want the refinement of alloy frame, full fairing and over 1000cc bragging rights. The Ace beat the XX in a lot of shootouts, though was perhaps more sport oriented. Still I'd like to see a punched out EXUP in a comfy all day GT chasis. Give it great Yami one piece brakes, Delta Box frame, full length seat (not a little pad like the latest hyper sport 900cc & 1000cc bikes).

Yamaha is still the only company that can give Honda a run for their money on quality of build and refined design. The Hyabusa is pure Suzuki - a freaking sledge-hammer.

Bring back the FZR-Exup-Ace !!!
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:25 PM   #110
wsuttie
Founding Member

The only problem with the Kawallski is that it is made by Kawasaki
wsuttie is offline   Reply With Quote