Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #1
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

Stalking the mean streets. Leading a posse deep into the badlands. Carrying the flag for all America in uncertain times. Enforcing good old-fashioned values. Purging the roadhouses of squids and posers. Sitting tall and righteous in the saddle.

Brawny, confident men with a down-to-earth honesty, just like their machines. No need for endless chattering when a couple well-placed fists will set the record straight. No need for a buzzy mess of tiny cylinders when a massive V-Twin does the job in staggering style. Men who wear the same colors as they did yesterday and will tomorrow, instead of fashions and loyalties that are translated from a foreign language and change like the wind. Rough and tumble men who have the force and might to prevail against any odds.

Motorcycles with the torque to twist Asian atrocity cycles into pretzels and squash atrociteurs into raw sewage. Engines of iron, pushrods and roller bearings. Power bands as broad as the muscle and pride of the riders. Wheels with spokes, fenders of steel and saddles of leather. The ripping thunder and roar that has become a second national anthem. A sound of authority, of anger and of the power of real men. Men who have earned the respect and awe of all America. Riding machines that define what motorcycling is all about.

Real American motorcyclists ride Harley-Davidsons.

They call me ... The Highwayman

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
Vector
Founding Member

Default Fenders

Something about the fenders just don't blend for me...
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:45 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You've really got to talk to an Indian employee to fully understand the corporate brainwashing that goes on. They are firmly convinced these are not H-D clones.

Let's see, that motor looks suspiciously like an Evo except, uh, they moved the carb to the other side.

I think Kawasaki does a better job of being an original Indian. I love the "since 1901" stuff on all their gear too.

I'm a cruiser kind of guy but I can't get excited about any of Indian's offerings.

Buzz
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"Carrying the flag for all America in uncertain times."

Oh, please!. I hope this is supposed to be sarcasm. If not, you better be writing from Afghanistan.

Old 09-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #5
johnnyb
Founding Member

Dude, are you a professional ad copy man? I'd like to sign up for lessons.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:50 PM   #6
mcjunkie
Founding Member

cool bike but WAY too much $$.

Btw, Highwayman.. that is the most pitiful and tired flame bait I've seen in ages.. Nobody here will bite. We're far too sophisticated for such an obvious flame trolling.

(ha)
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"TheHighwayman" as he calls himself, posts this crap all over the internet. I have seen this same post on other boards, so your busted son. I can post some of his other crap also, since I know where he posts most often. As for the Indians, they look nice and I would never buy one. Nice try with the motor, but it's still a Harley in disguise. If they come out with something really distinctive and cheaper, I may look, but as of now not interested.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:02 PM   #8
jsimpson
Founding Member

Making their own heads )or having them made, whichever is the case) and putting them on an Evo clone shortblock hardly equates to an all new in-house motor. But if it satisfies those who don't want to perceived as "just another Harley rider", more power to them!
Old 09-27-2002, 02:09 PM   #9
Pierre_TerBlanche
Founding Member

Well... well, based on the photos here what's now being presented as an Indian certainly looks a dern sight slicker and better put together than in the past. Almost as nice-looking as an Excelsior Henderson. And while a lot of folks will see this offering as derivative, niche marketing can always be defined as fooling some of the people all of the time.

But it sure does look like an Evo motor with the carb on the left. A lot more work must have gone into that cam & oil pump housing. And with no evident oil cooler, how do they keep it from overheating? A 25% bump in displacement means more heat - a lot more.

Okay, so it cost beaucoup simoleans to create a real, from-scratch proprietary engine. It's not like they could pick up all the leftover E-H dies and tooling pretty cheap right about now...
Pierre_TerBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:13 PM   #10
akcarlson
Founding Member

Methinks The Highwayman is probably The HarleyEmployee.
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote