Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #71
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

agreed, riding a sportbike well requires a modicom of skill, a good sense of balance [sobriety while riding is required] some eye/hand/foot co-ordination, depth perception and some knowledge of geometry to judge apex's, apparently to ride with side-walk-boy you just need a fat wallet, an even fatter ego and blinders,so you can't see everyone laughing at you while you parade through the twisties like a herd of winnabago's on a 'ludes. looks like we need a little more chlorine in the gene pool
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2002, 01:33 PM   #72
obandoj
Founding Member

Another Harley clone with different looking heads, are we there yet? Are we reliable yet? Are we too expensive yet? Are we stupid? Yes me thinks we be stupid if we buy!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:44 PM   #73
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Default How about an Longitudinal Inline 4?

I have long thought that Indian made a mistake out of the gate by sticking with Harley Clones. You can't build a company on aftermarket parts assembled to re-create another firms product. Particularly in an emotionally driven market like motorcycles.

Even Indian made a mistake going after the V-Twin market. They are limiting themselves to people who want a Harley and can't afford one, or have some other issue with being a RUB.

I'd like to see something unique, but still looking back at true Indian heritage. My understanding of Indians, is that back in the day, they were big, fast, comfortable, bikes. Sort of like a modern sport tourer.

Why not build a 1200CC Longitudinal Inline 4 ala the old Indian 4s? 120 Horsepower in a naked frame with an optional windshield and appropriate chrome could look sweet.

Wait, I Forgot, Triumph is already building this bike as a 2200cc 3 cylinder....
JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:59 PM   #74
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default BASEBALL ANALOGY FOR ALL HARLEY RIDERS

Harley Davidsons are the equivalent of Bush League ball players. Why, you ask? Simple. For just like the majority of minor leaguers, the Harley Davidson just can't HIT THE CURVE.

Actually they are the official bike of the Poser, who thinks he looks good in the uniform, but really can't hang with the truly skilled riders on Supersports (the big leaguers).

They call me... THE SQUID!!!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:01 PM   #75
jsimpson
Founding Member

Excelsior Henderson did NOT sink their resources into bricks and mortar; you can thank the good citizens of the state for that. Excelsior DID spend too much time and money on marketing. They DID suffer from the fraudulent developments of the previous attempt revive Indian. They DID suffer from the artificial rise in dotcom stocks which drew away investors from Excelsior. And they DID produce one heck of a bike, albeit a showroom prototype. Many of us are riding them with great pleasure right now!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:14 PM   #76
v4bryan
Registered Member

Islandcomm wrote:

"Next, it turns out that during hard cornering the rear wheel/swingarmcombination flexes quite a bit and the Kevlar final drive belt rubs on the inside of the big fender skirt and squeaks and throws Kevlar dust all over the paint and pretty bits. "

I would imagine that the phrase "hard cornering" is not one typically heard in the crowds this bike will be popular with. It's kinda like saying you know how many G's your Dad's Delta 88 Royale would pull on the skidpad-an amusing fact, but not relevant in day to day life.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:36 PM   #77
riles
Founding Member

Do Harley riders wave to each other?
riles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:53 PM   #78
Les_Grey
Founding Member

Schmuck - If you want to talk about power bands, bring your pink slip, put on your XXS beanie helmet and let me show you what a souped up Vulcan can do to a "screamin' beagle". That is, if you are able to delay practicing your sneer and righteous stance and pull yourself away from the mirror. By the way douchebag, I also own a Harley, and you embarrass me with your comments. It's like sitting through a HOG meeting. I also bet that no one calls you anything, anytime, for any reason.
Les_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #79
Les_Grey
Founding Member

Yes, but we've been asked by the motor company not to smile and to please try to squirt tobacco juice between our teeth as we pass. Hope this helps.
Les_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 07:21 PM   #80
mad1
Founding Member

Riding a sportbike requires a few thousand bucks, a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. Oh, and some booze wouldn't be bad, if the rider is old enough (likely NOT) .
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote