Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 Indian Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1401-2003-indian-reader-feedback.html)

arizonagerg 09-28-2002 07:07 AM

Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

This goes both ways, and the "idiots" are on both sides. Plenty of enlightened Jap Junk riders dont wave back either.

BTW, would you like some cheese with that whine?

Mtafilms 09-28-2002 07:26 AM

The dithering abnout "real" Indians is just silly. Who cares if a company and its products are 10 years old or 100? The important thing is how good are the products and follow up service. No one seems to be bashing all that hard Jaguar (can you say "Ford?") or Triumph when they resseructed their marques. Ride what you like and shut up. I've owned/ridden BMW, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati and even a CZ. S.T.F.U.!

El_Flaco 09-28-2002 07:44 AM

hah!

He's probably Canadian...

v4bryan 09-28-2002 08:27 AM

Hey now...

If you were Canadian, would YOU want to be like this putz (the Highwayman)? I think we owe our Frosty Northern Neighbors an apology.

Kfan 09-28-2002 08:30 AM

"Power bands as broad as the muscle and pride of the riders"? Since when is a beer gut considered a muscle?

longride 09-28-2002 10:00 AM

"Ride what you like and shut up."

How about a deal? I ride what I like, and you shut up. Sounds about right to me. Why would anyone post someting to tell others they can't post? Maybe the CZ rattled your marbles loose all those years ago.

Jexter 09-28-2002 10:58 AM

User info for Mtafilms:

Passed3000 miles on 95" 2002 FXD, did 1K service at BArtels - very friendly and helpful staff - truly a great bike. Learning the limitations of lean with crummy stock shocks. While others are lowering their Harleys, I'm thinking about taller rear shocks like the stockers on FXDX: more travel, better ride, more ground clearance, quicker steering due to less apparant rake.

----------------------------

The comment:

No one seems to be bashing all that hard Jaguar (can you say "Ford?") or Triumph when they resseructed their marques. Ride what you like and shut up. I've owned/ridden BMW, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati and even a CZ. S.T.F.U.!

----------------------------

WTF? I'd be kinda pissed, but you don't seem to have all your oars in the water. I hope you get better.

Jex

mxgb5 09-28-2002 11:24 AM

The problem is that the current Victory doesn't look like anything good... it's more boring to look at than the Japanese cruisers of the 1980s.

Now, the new Victory Vegas looks pretty interesting (in this month's Cycle World). I can't get into the far-forward foot controls, but the scalloped gas tank and the lean look is pretty hot... for an estimated price of less than $15k. I'd actually have to say that it's the best looking bike Arlen Ness has done to date (he and his son reportedly had a hand in the bike's design). I usually find his stuff overdone, but the Victory Vegas looks very sano.

El_Flaco 09-28-2002 11:32 AM

Re: Hey now...

Don't get me wrong, I live about as close as I can to Canada without being a Canuck (Seattle)- I'm just saying that this guy is pretty funny and he's probably trying to make fun of US motorcycle riders. Ever notice how many comedians have come out of Canada? Jim Carrey, Tom Green, etc. Conspiracy!!!

sarnali 09-28-2002 11:37 AM

you must be joking