Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-27-2002, 08:53 PM   #41
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

He got his point across very well I must admit. Well unless he wasn’t sending the "what a joke" eye roll through text. At least Triumph makes there own motors and went there own way. Titans were much cooler than these "Indians", good luck to 'em.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2002, 09:00 PM   #42
zaldente
Founding Member

What a crock of ****
zaldente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:11 PM   #43
wheat
Founding Member

Default Re: I think I'm in love...

Atta way. Nice comeback.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:14 PM   #44
saddlebag
Registered Member

He's actually from Canada. He posts his nonsense to many newsgroups and someone in one of them tracked his ISP there.

But WTF, these are good times?
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:31 AM   #45
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Getting Close Anyway

Like I said, close, but still no cookie. I mean they make Harleys look like a real good deal. Why would I buy a stripped down, no saddle bags, no bells and whistles (but not too bad looking bike) for over $25.000 when I can (and am) getting a Harley E-Glide Classic for $21,290 out the door or a Kawasaki (that I have to admit I like quite a lot) that is a dead ringer for the real Indians for far, far less? Knowing Harleys, I can tell you all that the engine is definetly not a Harley clone on the outside. Oil filter placement, cases and heads are not the normal S&S Harley replacement stuff. Between the cases, you know it is basically the clone. Anyway Indians were not 45 degree twins, 60 degrees I do believe. They gotta get that right before I'll consider them an Indian. As far as the carb being on the other side, gee that is where Harley put the carbs on ALL of their bikes except for the OHV motors. The Servicar (I know as I own one) had the carb on the left until the very end! Really want them to make it though. My Grandfather had a Powerplus back in he day. If they ever get their prices out of the stratosphere and REALLY make a non-clone, would have to consider one.

Saying that, sure hope MO gets one to test. Haven't read about Burnsie losing a bike in the woods or dropping anything large in quite a while...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:05 AM   #46
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Enfield bullet knockoff

What I'd like to see is a Kawi-made Enfield Bullet (I know Enfield is still making them, but I think my point is understood)

Me too! Yes Enfield is still making them but the quality is not very good. A friend has one and it has already had several major troubles with the motor. The cases have been split twice w/ < 5k on it. I wonder how much trouble it would be for Suzuki to make that Savage single look right and put it in an enfield bullet-ish frame.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:27 AM   #47
loafie
Founding Member

gee, i can't wait to shell out 20 grand for my 1940's technolygy.
loafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:47 AM   #48
Yamahanian
Founding Member

Default Re: Keep up the Good Work!

Now we're talking about something that arouses my interest. When is MO going to update its embarassing BABES section????
Yamahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:17 AM   #49
g-bear
Founding Member

When I was 19, a veeery nice girlfriend of mine (who rode a Vespa 125), knowing that I could not ride anything told me (kidding, I try not to date stupid girls) that I was not a real man 'cause I could not drive.

No need to say, I found that funny. What worries me is how many people actually associate "being a man" and riding a bike. Why don't you back it up trying to do other things, like being civilized, respect everyone who has your similar passion... hey, maybe giving your girlfriend an orgasm once a year may help!!!

MHO
g-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:27 AM   #50
rvfrules
Founding Member

You're just jealous. His post was the best I've read in ages.....
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote