Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-27-2002, 05:58 PM   #31
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

Speaking of board trackers...

The INDIAN 8 Valve Board Track Racers are probably the most elegant and outright beautiful machines that I've ever laid eyes on. I'm totally serious about this, quite possibly #1 on my all time I WANT IT list.

I know it sounds crazy (I swear I don't have a death wish) but I would give my port side life-giving berry to actually race one of these...

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcmuseum/inracer.html

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2002, 06:06 PM   #32
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default I think I'm in love...

This is clearly the description of a Man's Man, some-one who's not afraid to drop the soap while in County Lock-up for his third DUI this year. True Americans who aren't afraid to speak their mind, no matter how little time it takes; men who know that Pro-Wrestling isn't fake, and that women with poor self-esteem make them feel better about themselves by comparison. These are men who shamelessly hitch their wagons to the slowest star in the motorcycling night sky, and then deride all others for being less gullible to marketing copy.

We call them...fashion lemmings.

Real American motorcyclists ride. Period.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:09 PM   #33
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Here's a Harley at full throttle from a stop......

1st gear.... pucka-ta-pucka-ta-pucka...CLUNK!!!

2nd gear......Pucka-ta-pucka-ta-pucka-ta...CLUNK!!!

3rd...you get the idea.......
Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:43 PM   #34
piinob
Founding Member

Default Re: Dude!?

You are right. This is the place to get the latest scoop on whats happening in all phases of the bike world. I appreciate that, and think it makes this place a great value. It is also very convenient, and after twenty years of Motorcyclist subs, they still don't let me give instant feedback.

I kind of like the scout, but then I would really like to have a bulldog. The price of the HD/HDclones is just too much. But the scout appears to give more for the money than most. At least my local dealer isn't spiking the price 4k just because he can. The HD dealers are cleaning up around here right now, and the only justification is some drivel about resale. I always thought you bought a bike to ride, not sell. Some how I feel like a ten year old HD w/100k on the clock is not going to bring back much of my purchase price. Especially if I pay the premium.

At any rate, I like MO, Burns and all. I like the indians, I like motorcycles, in all of the various cofigurations. Keep 'em coming.
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #35
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL Real mean ride sport bikes
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:53 PM   #36
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Read Burns story in latest issue of Cycle World about Schwantz School good stuff.

I think you are right. Burns is a true sports bike guy i.e. he is happy unless he is doing Mach 1 on the latest sportbike..
Old 09-27-2002, 06:55 PM   #37
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Agree this Gen Xer says Ruin is way cooler.

I meant to say that johnny b isn't happy unless he is going Mach 1...
Old 09-27-2002, 07:00 PM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL good one
Old 09-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Good Article in Cycle World thanks johnnyb

I enjoyed it for those of us who dream of attending such schools it gives us stuff to daydream bout during boring meetings. Thanks

Old 09-27-2002, 07:05 PM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Good post. I think you are on to something. Be interesting to see if this blunder doesn't do them in.