Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 Indian Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1401-2003-indian-reader-feedback.html)

seruzawa 10-01-2002 03:49 AM

Re: 2003 Indian Reader Feedback

Yawn. Like I said, try to come up with something original rather than the boring old stuff that wer've all heard ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Or have you ever had an original thought in your life?

JohnGeisz 10-01-2002 08:20 AM

LOL2... now to be a rebel and go your own way, don't ride a Harley, that's what EVERYBODY does.

BTW... wasn't this feedback supposed to be about Indians?

I do wish Indian well, it would be nice to see some competition in the American cruiser game.

JohnGeisz 10-01-2002 08:29 AM

No way, they're not sissies you fool. LOL

riles 10-01-2002 12:04 PM

They dont have teeth, silly. They are not smiling because they paid 15k for a tractor.

tmech 10-02-2002 06:57 AM

Yeah, I was whining a little bit I guess. Trying to be funny too. Still, the tone of the highwayman article, real or not, got me steamed. There realy are people who think along those lines of intolerance. The bike I ride does it for me. Everyone else is wellcome to his or her view. Now about those Indians. When I started riding, in 1965, it seemed like every time I would pull in for gas, an older fellow would come over an admire my bike. Then, almost to a man, would say. "I used to have an ol' Indian once; SOB took me down in gravel."

While this kind of made me pleased that these bikes were no longer produced, there was something about the look in these men's eyes when they said it that made me know I had missed something fine. mho...texino

fnn449 10-05-2002 07:26 PM

hey guy I was at the del mar fair today 10/5 and saw the new Indian bike -- from about 20 feet it looks really cool but then you get close and can see the imperfections in paint and chrome also the bike looks really long and the engine is kinda tall in the frame I dunno I don't know anyone who would buy one

I also love the since 1901 part -- just how stupid do these jokers think we are?

silverattorney 10-08-2002 05:33 PM

Owned a Chief in High School 1968. Pushed it to school a lot. But the first time riding it was a marvelous feeling nothing like it.

Later had a chief chopper and 2 Scouts stock. The new 100 cubic inch motor looks great. Saw one at the gas station and it's impressive. Wonder what it drives like. Would love to have one. Wish they could get the price down to my $1500 V65's and $500 GS1000.

fnn449 10-09-2002 02:21 PM

Hey what moron wrote this article? Did the moron ever pay any attention to motorcycle history? Did the moron ever look at an F)(&ing map? the Indian subcontinent is a few miles away from the dear old USA. Indian started in AMERICA in the very early 1900's making motorcycles they were Harleys main rival for many years. On the asian subcontinent they make Enfields - a storied marque no doubt but I feel never in a class with the old Indian motorcycle company -- concerning the new Indian company-- I think it would be a toss up for me between a current Enfield that any shade tree mechanic can fix and a $20,000 plus dollar piece of ****

Does anyone at MO proofread anymore? I thought that the scribes were somewhat erudite -- alas i am a fool If you guys are hiring proofreaders let me know -- there's a baboon in the San Diego zoo who loves jap 4 cylinders and is actually willing to chat about Harley's revival maybe he would take the position.

Later i'm going for a ride

turbojet 07-28-2003 05:21 PM

Re: Getting Close Anyway

OK, do any of you own an Indian, or just sit back in the cheap seats slamming something you have no experience with? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I had my HD FLSTS for 2 years. Nice bike, many things I liked about it. But like most HD's it was too small for me (6'3") and everyone and their brother has a hawg-not my cup of tea to be like the rest of the cloned herd. I kept an eye on the Indians for a couple years and took the plunge 4 months ago.

I bought the standard Chief for 17900-$3100 under MSRP, try to get a hog for that money, here in Milwaukee you have to spend at least $1500 over MSRP and put up with arguably the worst customer service at any cycle dealership. The Indian dealer was polite and actually interested in selling a motorcycle to me. The Indian is a BIG motorcyle with great presence and a 100 inch motor to boot.

I haven't had a problem yet and am up to 2300 miles. No leaks yet. The bike smokes my hog and has a raw feel to it, it vibrates more than my hog, but I like that. I felt the hogs have gotten to "refined". It handles well and very light on it's feet. The attention it draws is amazing. On my hog I didn't get many looks at all, mostly yawns.

So as a "real" Indain owner, that is my experience so far. You may want to know what your talking about before you start.

jet