Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-24-2002, 03:25 AM   #21
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback

That would be way stupid, considering the SV650 makes close to 70 rwhp.

Of course other manufacturers do similar things. The difference between the Monster 750 and the Monster 620? 4 hp and $1400.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2002, 04:01 AM   #22
DJS
Founding Member

Just ouf of curiousity, what are you basing your guess on? If they dumb down this motor below triple digit HP I will be sorely ticked. Of course massive torque would be nice but why screw with the motor when it was the best part of the TL series?

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:11 AM   #23
mj
Founding Member

SV 650 was a great bike and the new frame and fuel injection will make it even better.

When are the other Japanese manufacturers going to wake up and make something that is comparable to the SV. Not all of us want to want to chase after owning THE FASTEST BIKE MADE. Been there, done that, then I grew up.

My accolades to Suzuki !
mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:59 AM   #24
DJS
Founding Member

Default When will they hit our dealers

Anybody have anything beyond a WAG for arrival date of the SV1000? I've heard everything from November to May.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:05 AM   #25
Jay_Mack
Founding Member

Default Re: The New Twins

---I was really waiting for Suzuki to come out with the 605's big brother. I'm trading in Hayabusa for something next spring, because once one gets the taste of a twin, (like I did on my "R") fours are a little less, well, involving.

---Only thing is, Suzuki should have done this last year. Now, they have Aprilia's (relatively) inexpensive version of the Tuono and the new KTM 950 Duke (WOW!) to compete with.

She's a gonna be tough picking the Suzuki over those two!
Jay_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:16 AM   #26
Jay_Mack
Founding Member

Default The Beast that trounces ...?

The Beast that trounces all other HEAVYWEIGHT contenders would be the GSX1300R 'busa. GSX-R is a flyweight.
Jay_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:55 AM   #27
dcnnj
Founding Member

Default Re: Gixxer 1k

I am a fan of the GSX-R 1000's new styling. Even the BNG that made it onto the bike as posted to the site. The lines make the bike say, "I am going somewhere," not, "I should be squidding, er, sitting somewhere."
dcnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:55 AM   #28
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Yuck, they butchered that thing......I don't want people confusing my GSXR1000 with a Huyabusa. And to think I was actually considering a GSXR1000 for my next bike, I think I'll stay in the R1 fold, thank you very much. You would think that with as much importance as dudes put on appearance when buying a bike, Suzuki could make the thing look really good, but I guess not. That's why Yamaha is selling R1's at MSRP like discounted hotcakes and GSXR sit in the showroom for months for 1500 less. Maybe I'll find a still-new 2002 GSXR and go with that.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 06:10 AM   #29
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default 03 600 Shootout.

Please be sure to include BOTH Kawasakis and BOTH Hondas in this comparo. Then show us all how the SV-650 can annihilate all comers at the drag strip.

*Disclaimer: Mr. Alexander is the owner of one Suzuki SV-650 and his tongue WAS firmly planted in cheek for the second half of the preceding post.

Old 09-24-2002, 06:12 AM   #30
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: no new 600 :(

Was it ever really alive?