Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-23-2002, 09:23 PM   #11
Holleywood
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback

Since we have great naked bikes coming out, why not have an international naked comparo with buell xb9s, bmw r1150r, ktm duke (if it were available), kawi zr1000, the new Guzzi, sv1000, fz1, and the good ol' speed triple for a good romp. Maybe throw in a 919 and a monster just for fun.
Holleywood is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
jsven007
Founding Member

All 2003 Suzuki Motorcycles are NOW LISTED on Suzuki's webpage. See www.suzuki.com for the full specs, details, and MSRPs of the new bikes!
jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:04 PM   #13
H1Rabbit
Founding Member

Yea, it's too bad no color Blue on the SV1000S.
H1Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:31 PM   #14
xmike5
Founding Member

Default Jesus, these things are ugly

Who are you trying to sell with the "made it beautiful too" thing. Suzuki took a big step back in the aesthetics department. The SV650 was actually a good looking bike, now they went and put scaffolding on the sides. And the beak on the new Gixxer makes it look like a rabid vulture (oh i mean hiaboosa). Some heads are going to roll at design HQ.
xmike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 02:20 AM   #15
robb_millett
Registered Member

even though I really like the SV1k, and am torn becuase I know I'd have to seel the trusty old 1400 to make it real, I can't help but notice that the naked B12 is $1k LESS than the SV1k....so THAT's how Suzuki is going to maintain the B12s life in the lineup! can't say as I blame them not to mention, that $1k price undercut makes the B12 verrrry attractive, no matter how much the SV appeals...

now THERE'd be an interesting comparison!

Speaking of the good old 1400, I can already hear the squealing over onthe Intruder Alert website BBS, concerning the fact that suzuki is giving the pass on a power cruiser for another season....LOL! it cracks me up, that the fastest of the japanese power cruisers is just about as fast as an SV650... maybe. downhill.

As much as I like 'em, they are for sure Motorcycling's technological backwater...

the more important question is, do I sell the 1400 in the spring? SV1k? B12? SV.65? decisions, decisions!
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:00 AM   #16
Lowrez
Founding Member

Personally, I love the new look. The bike looks like it was lifted out of the pages of a sci-fi manga.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:08 AM   #17
Lowrez
Founding Member

I doubt the B12 and the SVS1K really will dig into each others sales. The top end power of that big in-line along with all the toys available to tweak the bike give the B12 a definate niche.

The new SV will, IMHO, appeal to SV riders that want to "move up", old TL riders, and those that were spooked by the reports of ill-handling of the TL.

If I were buying a new bike next year (and I maybe) I'd just wait until the end of the season, soak up everything that's been written and said by then, and buy a slightly used one off someone that made a mistake. You should save yourself enough to be able to afford to hold on to the 1400 until the next spring when you can sell it for so much more.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:50 AM   #18
DJS
Founding Member

Default frame stuff

I agree with ya on aesthetics and you may already know this....

But the frame has to be squarish to be a single piece casting. You could not create a frame that looked like the old SV without making it in the same method.

Give it a while, functionality is beautiful. This frame is lighter, stronger, cheaper to manufacture, and more consistent than the dozen welded tubes of the old frame.

Time to go see the suzuki dealership today to see how bad I'd get bent if I had to have one.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:57 AM   #19
bjmorris
Founding Member

I like the change. I'd see one of those late model sport bikes coming down the road and think it was a helmeted, armless woman on a unicycle with headlights for tits coming at me. I guess it appeals to a 18 year old, but those of us nearing 40 would like something with the power, but without the adolesent body work. This is better, but still does not appeal to me enough to buy it. The new Yamaha FJR1300 looks like a great bike and will probably be my next.

By the way, which Jap power cruiser is almost as fast as an SV650?

Brad

'94 V-Max

bjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:59 AM   #20
Badwinger
Founding Member

Looks like they may have dumbed down the TL1000 motor just like in the DL1000--maybe 80 rwhp--based upon virtually identical spec's on Suzuki's website. Any word, MO?
Badwinger is offline   Reply With Quote