Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-29-2002, 05:59 AM   #121
Burd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback

Ok OK, I got to take a peak at the new '03 GSX-R 1000 and looked at the color schemes... Is it really going to be available in the "Copper" color here in the States? I'm still a little butt hurt about Suzuki departing from their trade-mark split headlight and into the "busa Bullsh**" look (ugly!) I do own an '02, but it came down to a coin toss (literally) on the showroom floor between the R1 and the Gixxer just because of the damn headlight. The R1 has the slithering look of a woman with those "come hither" eyes, but the Gixxer has... that... toss your leg over me and hear the cling of brass ringing off of both sides of the tank. Talk about stress! One thing I will say that I like on the '03 is the black rims. My white rims are a complete ***** to keep clean. Can I get an amen on that?! AMEN! Well I'm through pissing and moaning now. Keep up the good work!

CYA L8R

Burd
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2002, 02:18 AM   #122
rhust
Founding Member

Default Have designers fallen asleep?

This may sound extremely picky, but it seems as if simple rules of design/form have fallen into the lazy bin. Why did the designer(s) of the SV1000s have the fairing a) not line-up with the bevel-line in the frame (it crosses over it at a slightly diff angle) and b) not mate up with the frame in line with it (it kind of falls across it, but in no particular place or angle). You see things like this on bikes all the time. Maybe I just have high standards...
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 02:55 AM   #123
Herbw
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback

What? Did Suzuki quite making their cruiser line-up for 2003. Sport bikes are becoming more attractive, especially Suzuki's, but Suzuki has one of the best looking, best performing, and underrated cruiser line-ups around. Unless of course, as could be inferred from the article, they discontinued making them for 2003!
Herbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:43 AM   #124
chaztor
Founding Member

Default Re: frame stuff

Are you sure that there will be more wind protectoin w/ the '03 S? The fairing appears much smaller esp. below the headlight.
chaztor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #125
Andrew_Mai
Registered Member

Default Correction on the Burgman scooters

For those who care (probably not many): The AN650 weighs 524 lbs dry while the 400 weighs 405 lbs, both according to the Suzuki web site.
Andrew_Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:14 PM   #126
JohnnyBandito
Founding Member

Default TLR

I hope the TLR isn't dead - it has been my favorite-looking bike for a while, and it has a stompin motor. Everybody always points out how heavy it is, but it's basically the same weight as a 996 and NOBODY ever says anything about the Duck being a porker. I don't get it. Suzuki could've made it a contenda if they'd just put normal rear suspension in and worked on a few more details.
JohnnyBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 01:51 PM   #127
chucker6
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback: DL650?

MCN has a new DL650 coming to England in early 2003. Any word on when or if this V-twin trailie will make it to the US? As an owner of a 2000 model SV650, and the former owner of a DR650 dual sport, I think this would be a great machine, much better for rough roads than the DL1000.

Chuck

Medford, Oregon
chucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:26 AM   #128
rkjjeep
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki Reader Feedback: DL650?

Don't know but I second the question. I put a deposit on one and am anxious about when it might show up!
rkjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote