Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-26-2002, 10:45 AM   #71
LW
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: 2002 Intermot

It's looks awesome. I wish Ducati had a bike that looked this good!
LW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2002, 03:02 PM   #72
rsheidler
Founding Member

Yeah, in the face of the new 999, it is nice to be reminded that the Italians still have what it takes to produce beautiful design!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:16 PM   #73
rsheidler
Founding Member

Slowbear

I agree with most of what you say, although I am not so sure that BMW and Ducati are losing market share -- I have not seen the specific recent figures for the US market, but I know that worldwide, both have been doing really well.

In Ducati's case, I speculate that the 748/916/996/998 and the Monsters have been the strong sellers -- I sure have not seen many of the new SSs on the road here. (I am biased, I have the old one, with the 1/2 fairing).

The US market is more conservative regarding styling, especially the age range of their target markets (not that many 20-somethings can afford either). It remains to be seen how many of the 40-50 somethings will spring for the new styled 999.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:01 AM   #74
K1200LTE
Registered Member

Default Re: Pretty Guzzi!

While we're waiting, how about a review of this:

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/English/Anteprima_ing.htm

K1200LTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:07 AM   #75
hawker
Founding Member

Default Re: ktm Duke - got pic's??

Hey, has anyone seen more pic's of the KTM Duke than the one Yusef provided with the article?

I'm having a hard time deciding just how ugly this bike is, and haven't seen anything other than this one photo and the concept drawing on the KTM site.

(I'm trying to figure out if you can just unscrew that cafeteria tray from the side of the gas tank and have a decent looking naked bike???
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:52 PM   #76
Hadji
Founding Member

Default With you, mate!

That has to be one of the hottest bikes I have laid eyes on. If I had deep pockets, I would race that bike on the AHRMA Battle of the Twins.

Why can't there be more motorcycles like it in production?

The more I think of it, I would have to buy two. One to race and one to stick in a glass display case in the middle of my living room.

Motorcycles are art.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #77
Hadji
Founding Member

Default MX-05 or something.

I remember it, too. I was a 500 cc single cylinder. Strictly a styling exercise if I remember it correctly. One of last years prototypes. Honda & Moto Guzzi, I can't buy it if you don't build it.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #78
PJ
Founding Member

The new Guzzi is a fabulous piece that I think would find a market here, particularly if it offers even a remotely comfortable riding position. Many of us who have survived the "more-horsepower-than-technique" riding years are interested in a sport bike with character and the kind of classic good looks that don't come from Japan these days.

The reason that you don't see more bikes with exposed motors like the Guzzi is because most current sport bike motors were designed to be concealed behind plastic. The Guzzi motor seems to be one of the few, this side of cruiserdom, that looks good enough to show.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:38 AM   #79
Hadji
Founding Member

Default XAXIS, That's it.

Here it is! The XAXIS, a 1000 cc V-twin with single sided front and rear suspension. I stand corrected. It was unveiled at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show. Here's the address:

http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2001/mot...eup/xaxis.html

This thing is FUGLY! Yuk!