Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Reader Feedback: 2002 Intermot (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1393-reader-feedback-2002-intermot.html)

gdrazek 09-23-2002 02:55 AM

Re: Reader Feedback: 2002 Intermot

I am really dissapointed with Ducati. Terrblanch (or whatever his name is) should be left to design what is underneath the plastic. I'm sure he's very good at packaging all the mechanicals of a motorcycle, but god, Ducatis are now just plain ugly. I liked the old 900 series design (minus the square headlight) and the old 916. And I still like the Monster. But the new bikes are just plain ugly. Maybe it's all a grand plan to sell more Mosters. "Quick, get the last nice looking Ducaties before Terblanch gets to them!" Hell, I thought about buying one...

CBRunner 09-23-2002 03:18 AM

All of the new bikes look very interesting. Myself, being a huge SV650 fan, am definitely intrigued by the new SV1000 and the new styling. I am also very interedted in the new Hyosung Comet. It is obviously a take off of the SV but I had a chance to ride a Hyosung earlier this summer and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a 250 (!) cruiser, not sure of the model, but my initial reaction was "Yeah, whatever...." but to my suprise it was a great bike. I can't wait to see the new Comet!

seruzawa 09-23-2002 04:31 AM

1- It certainly looks like Ducati is now using the same old drunken janitor, Hans, from the old DKW Werk that BMW hired a few years ago to do the visual design of their bikes too.

2- The guy with passing out the flyers is actually a beta tester for the Pentagon's latest attempt to provide cheaper transportation for the troops.

seruzawa 09-23-2002 04:42 AM

I suspect that BMW designed the F650CS mainly for the Euro market. They simply certified it for the US market and brought some over just to see if they sell since they're building the d***ed things anyhow. What is there to lose (except dignity)?

Stefan_Hartmann 09-23-2002 04:47 AM

I am saving my money for the Duke. Problem: when do they sell it to the US? I think KTM is going to have a very bright future.

pplassm 09-23-2002 05:52 AM

What? No new dirtbikes at Intermot?

I fell cheated. ;-)

rsheidler 09-23-2002 05:57 AM

My suspicion is that someone put LSD or something similar in the water cooler at the BMW styling studio -- how else to explain the F650CS, as well as the new Z4 roadster and the newest 7-series -- the predecessors were among the most beautiful examples of their respective classes, while the new ones are, well, just effin' weird, to put it kindly.

Thankfully, the new R1150R roadster must have been designed by someone who didn't drink the water!

Oildrop22 09-23-2002 07:36 AM

The most important note on this Ray Charles thread is ...did he approve of the sound of the 950?

imported_g_k 09-23-2002 07:44 AM

I have a '01 Mille R - no passenger pegs, and I'm told the subframe is lighter because of that. They may have come w/additional pegs in other countries, but for the US this is the first year they have the same passenger accomodations as the standard Mille.

mconlon 09-23-2002 08:19 AM

You won't see the Suzuki GSX1400 here for the same reason you won't see the B-King: Both would steal from *Kawasakis* either the ZRX or the new Z1000. I'm actually suprised that the Z1000 and SV1000 are being released at the same time--they must think that neither one competes with the other in the marketplace. A couple of gaping holes at the Aprilia booth, though: whatever happened to the ETV Mana and Blue Marlin? I thought both were slated for 03 release... I like the marlin (but can't afford it as a limited edition piece), but looooove the Mana prototype. Sure hope the standard Tuono isn't all we're gonna get from them...