Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-21-2002, 06:44 AM   #21
dcopp
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: 2002 Intermot

Thank God Ducati is finally doing something about the looks of the SS bikes. The real test; my wife even liked them. Now if they'd do something with the rest of the line... the Eighties are over, let the bodywork catch up with the engines. A faired SV1000? Didn't that used to be called the TL1000S? Glad it's back anyway. MZ with a 1000 twin, I like the thought of it. It's been rumored, and finally here. I still like the singles though, will we still be seeing those? How about bringing the MZ Sport Cup back? A Korean V-Twin... I've heard that they're using Suzuki type tech, does that mean they are trying for the SV market? As for MV, they are more rumored than seen, and has anyone ridden one of them yet, or are they all just pretty pictures? Benilli Tre, I like my triple Triumph, is the Benelli far behind? Will we really see one? So many questions. Until I see a couple of these at bike night or at the races, I really can't get too fired up about the ones we've been hearing about for, what, the last four, six, ten years? As for the others, lets get ready to ride.
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2002, 07:07 AM   #22
DurangoKid
Founding Member

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/home

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/

http://www.mcnews.com.au/latest.htm

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/

To name a few...

http://www.motonline.com/

...is probably the best, but you have to be able to read Italian.

DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:36 AM   #23
dwr461
Founding Member

No flame here just a inquiry,

Was Motoguzzi there? If so what do ya'll know about the Breva 750? It looks a lot like a BMW R series roadster to my eye. We were talking about bikes down at the mill a...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Ever feel that way MO?

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:41 AM   #24
fizzchem
Founding Member

Unless my eyes deceive me, Ducati didn't change anything about the bodywork of the SS bikes from last year.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:54 AM   #25
TheFox
Founding Member

Could it really ever live up to the artistic drama of the 916? I doubt anything could right now.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 08:31 AM   #26
wwalkersd
Founding Member

But no, actually I'm talking about the guy in the picture. Did you see the movie? It's the link that says "personal". Watch the vid, and see what you think.

Eat your heart out, Dean Kamen!

wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 08:38 AM   #27
dwindhorst
Founding Member

No kidding. No sign at all of what was one of the bigger rumors from Yamaha, the thing I was most eagerly anticipating: a 426-based supermoto. When will one of the Big Four get on board and give us a more affordable, reliable, available SM?
dwindhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 09:06 AM   #28
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

The 999 and 749 are the two that I'm most dissapointed with. They styling does little for me. Of course a big, high-RPM V-twin and great handling go a long way to make up for the lame styling. If the styling is growing on me, it's as a fungus would.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:13 AM   #29
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

The Mille R has passenger pegs. Has it always been a biposto?? Hooray for KTM. After Ray Charles picks up his 950 next year I'm going to sneak into his garage and steal it. Oh and I sure am glad Suzuki make the eagerly anticipated SV1000 look like the GS500E--somebody hand me my milk crate....
NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 09:13 AM   #30
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I don't see any change either, except for detail colors, etc... There is little doubt though, that the SSs are now the best looking of all the Ducatis. I must however, admit to loving the looks of the metallic blue ST2, even though everyone else thinks the ST's styling is too bland. An ST 4s with revised headlight, in that dark metallic blue color, would easily make it to my top-10 most desirable motorcycles of all time list.