Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-20-2002, 07:45 PM   #11
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: 2002 Intermot

I'm 33, and I'm certainly not left "cold" by bikes like an LC8 powered Duke, the revised Mille R, CBR 600RR, and just about anything else that goes vrooom and can lean into a corner.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2002, 08:33 PM   #12
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Mille R......ooooooohhhhhhh....

That's all I have to say about that.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #13
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Compliment

I am thrilled by the coverage of Intermot 2002. Thanks to Yossef. I only wish there were more pictures. (especially KTM and Ducati)

So...what's interesting? I liked the Ducati Multistrada last year and it has continued to grow on me over the last year. I am very excited to see it in the flesh and give it a try. 2004 seems a long way off, but the KTM Duke 950 is extremely cool. Great specs. Great looks.

With the V-Strom and the aforementioned KTM and Ducati it looks as if manufacturers are building from two directions 1. The BMW GS-like off-road influenced twin. 2. Supermotard. Very exciting!

I guess I'll have to make some space in the garage.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 09:43 PM   #14
BorgBiker
Registered Member

That's nuts! No, not any of the bikes, althought "nuts" could be used to describe the 999 and 749's designers, if they think it's 1/1000th as smooth, sexy, or stylin' as the 916/996 was. Does the word ugly spring to mind? Yes, I believe it does.

But no, actually I'm talking about the guy in the picture. Did you see the movie? It's the link that says "personal". Watch the vid, and see what you think.
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 01:28 AM   #15
DJS
Founding Member

Default Suzuki has updated their website

http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/sportstreet/

No MSRP's yet but the SV1000N is coming in blue and silver while the faired model is coming in silver and orange.

I'm putting down a deposit on a naked silver today if the dealer will take it yet.

David
DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:03 AM   #16
phesby
Founding Member

So no B-King from Suzuki? And Yamaha's only significant change for '03 is the R6 and no new models? Disappointing...
phesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:18 AM   #17
hughdesmoUK
Founding Member

Default Re: Nuts

Re - 999/749 - it is a truth every reviewer is dancing around right now - that they do not look as sexy/good/delicious as the 916/748 styles. And the Multistrada is just odd. Sorry, neither look dropdead sexy the way I think a Ducati should.

As for the "Personal" link - that is so nuts I'm surprised no one else thought of it before
hughdesmoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:23 AM   #18
cr
Founding Member

Default New SV's styling

I like the old roundish look of the 2002 and previous SVs. The new ones look very severe with to many flat surfaces and sharp angles.
cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 05:03 AM   #19
rsheidler
Founding Member

I KNOW that I am getting old (52), but I gotta say that the Duke and the MZ both give me serious wood!

As for the 999, it is growing on me, but I don't see it ever achieving the status of the old 916/998/748 -- from an aesthetic viewpoint. Functionally, it sounds like the new one is far superior.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 05:19 AM   #20
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Duke 950

>>patiently replacing failed parts on a Husqvarna<<

Are you suggesting that lack of failing parts is what prevents a Duke or Duke II from qualifying as a true SuperMoto?

Seriously, I don't think anyone would really consider either to be a supermoto, although the concept was certainly influenced by real supermotos.

Personally, I am trying to decide between a "pseudo moto" (eg Duke, MZ Black Panther) or a "real" SM for my next sportbike. I almost bought a Husky SM a year or so ago, but I hesitated too long and it was gone.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote