Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-17-2002, 02:55 AM   #71
Grover
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't forget Squidly

I'm with you bro. Same deal here in Milwaukee, although as you might imagine, it's the yuppie biker crowd outnumbering the squidlies about 10:1. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a guy around here on a Harley with a helmet on.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2002, 03:29 AM   #72
mconlon
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Kawasaki Reader Feedback

RE: the Z1000---Without the dual-tipped pipes it looks like a B-King prototype rip-off. With them, it looks like a Brutale rip-off. I like it a lot, but I hope this doesn't mean that we won't see the 1300cc supercharged Suz engine in a similar package some day, because if that's the case, then this is a real shame...
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:33 AM   #73
mconlon
Founding Member

Hackfu, you also might want to point out to manufacturers that the third Harry Potter book had different release dates by about three months, UK v. US edition. Guess where quite a few US buyers went? Yup, amazon.co.uk. The US publisher lost enough sales to complain about it and were important enough--accounted for enough sales--that the fourth book was a simultaneous release. Now if only the US market was as vital as the Euro market where everything moto but cruisers are concerned...
Old 09-17-2002, 03:36 AM   #74
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Upon closer inspection.....

What point did we miss again? I'm pretty sure both of us said "RWD beats FWD in racing" (not including AWD) .. amongst other things, but -that- was the point that was being made.

Your point was???... to agree?... sure, sounds great... you just listed but a couple of the reasons RWD is better. Yippee... we're all in agreement.

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:44 AM   #75
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Where is the 10R(R)

Yes it's called a FJR1300
twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:46 AM   #76
mconlon
Founding Member

You forget, grasshopper, Ninjas are way cool!

http://www.realultimatepower.net/

Just by saying that Ninjas are no longer cool, you court disaster! Just wait until you are attacked by a Ninja who holds your views against you! The taste of Ninja steel will be your last sensation on this mortal coil. Beware! Fear the Ninja!

Jesus was way cool, too, but that's another story...

Old 09-17-2002, 03:48 AM   #77
ohlarikd
Founding Member

Default Can it race it 600 SuperSport??

Can a 636cc machine be legal in AMA 600 SS? I read it may be raced against 750s in SuperStock. If it can't race in 600 SS - what is the point of all these race parts and adjustability?

Derek
ohlarikd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:51 AM   #78
djenning_ga
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't forget Squidly

If you ever need a reply to someone who accuses you of being genitalialy challenged because you wear protective gear, just show him
these pictures. Warning - this stuff is nasty. I'm thinking of carrying some of these pics around with me, for just in case. Also, they will dissuade me from ditching my gloves/jacket on a hot day.

Besides, I think protective gear is kind of cool looking.

djenning_ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:57 AM   #79
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Where is the 10R(R)

521 LB could be concidered light in ST terms. I hear the bike is very quick and agile
twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:58 AM   #80
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Radial Brakes and other stuff

Yeeeeahhh.. the fact that I used the word 'car' pretty much means I was talking about cars... doh!

In F1, (and I'm no expert, just a fan) things like the configuration of the motor and the chassis are LARGELY variable ..or nearly so (turbos are out,etc...). The fact that rules exist governing the manner/materials of construction doesn't mean teams aren't free to build a front-engined car I would figure. If they could make a competitive front-engined car, they probably would. Again, not being a F1 rules -expert-, I suppose it is possible that this (engine placement) is regulated, but I highly doubt it. If I'm wrong, so be it. The point behind F1 is "ultra-tech development, unhindered as much as possible.. outside of obvious safety regs and 'performance levelers' (tire sizes, for one)."

Yep, you're right... the tires and wheels they use are regulated.. believe it that they would use bigger wheels and wider tires if they could. They used to actually.. back in the 70's and 80's, tires were huge on F1 cars. Tires and wheels are a poor example to point out for 'technology advantages' b/c in virtually every motorsport, tires are regulated in some form or fashion. They're an easy pinch-point to level the field a bit... like restrictor plates.

My point was about stuff like these brakes and =real, core technology= in racing.

My guess (not that this is a huge leap of logic) is that everyone uses the mid-engine config that you see now b/c it has proven to be the best for racing. F1 cars 'evolved' to this config, they all used to be front-engined in the early days.

Now then, I didn't point out F1 to get into a debate about F1, only to illustrate the point about "racing improves the breed, and when left unregulated, you can be sure that whatever technology is being used is optimal given current advancements".

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote