Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-16-2002, 02:07 PM   #41
motoCG
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Kawasaki Reader Feedback

Pretty clear Kawasaki wants to when the 600 supersport titles next year. They made ZX6RR with components normally seen on superbike homologations (inverted forks, slipper clutch, adjustable swing arm).

The interesting thing is to see what happens in the following years when the others manufacturers build their response to the ZX6RR. See some pretty trick 600s on the horizon.

motoCG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2002, 02:22 PM   #42
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default What are they NOT Selling?

Nice bikes (tough choice between the SV1K and the new ZR), but what are they dropping? Will the ZR replace the ZRX1200? I assume they'll be dropping the (very) old ZX-6. That's kind of a shame, it was one of the very few 600s to fit a big person comfortably and offer lots of goodies with it. The 636 and 6RR look like they're on par with Honda's two 600s: sort of uncomfortable and really uncomfortable.

Oh, when do prices come out?

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #43
hackfu
Founding Member

We've tried. Too many times in fact. Talking to some members of the motorcycle industry about the internet is like talking to push-rod happy hot-rodders about pneumatic valve actuation and variable intake trumpet design. Both result in dumb-founded looks and really don't get you anywhere. In all honesty, some manufacturers are great about it. But most aren't quite so, how you say, up there.

I suppose we'll have to wait another generation or two until the younger, internet savvy generation steps into power. Until then, we'll have to make due with what you see here.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:18 PM   #44
KawiClark
Founding Member

Man I'm just as excited as you about Kawasaki's new line of sport and dirt bikes. I also want one of each.

I currently own a 2001 ZX-6R and am already thinking of trading it in for the new fuel injected 6RR.

C'mon Kawi, let's see this new 10R already!
KawiClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:31 PM   #45
jsven007
Founding Member

Thanks for the response hackfu. I am now enlightened.
jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #46
westland
Founding Member

Ditto ... great colors (very Italian)
westland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 04:01 PM   #47
Paul_Grimmett
Founding Member

Default Re: What are they NOT Selling?

If they drop the ZX-6(no R), then it seems the only 600 cc sportbike built with street friendly ergos may be the Yamaha YZF600.

BTW, why does Kawasaki not update the smaller bore ninjas (500 and 250) with 6R style fairings? I think a beginner bike that looks sportier would not be a bad idea, and those 2, IMO, are not attractive.
Paul_Grimmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 04:12 PM   #48
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Love the 4-2-4

I'd keep those exhaust pipes! Those look sweeter than any aftermarket and since this bike probably won't see more than the occasional track day, let'em stay.

And I normally hate Kawasaki styling.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 04:19 PM   #49
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Magazines...

I'll agree on your magazine comments. Rags that specialize in new product announcements and reviews are dead to me.

Now magazines like Motorcycle Consmer News (US, not UK) and Rider still have a handful of good articles every month, but it is getting harder to justify the subscription.

Next I need MO or MCN to setup an AvantGo channel so I can take them to the bathroom and I'll be set.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 04:24 PM   #50
Paul_Grimmett
Founding Member

The same goes for the Suzuki Katana.
Paul_Grimmett is offline   Reply With Quote