Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-27-2002, 05:15 PM   #161
r1derbike
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Kawasaki Reader Feedback

After seeing the Kawasaki Z1000, I thought the thing looked a bit Knight Rider-ish, something a cartoon character might tear-ass around Gotham City on, or a kid might roll across the kitchen floor while exclaiming, "Vroom-Vroom!"

A week later, I still feel the same way! ;-}

\'00 RWB R1 #34...\'cuz there can only be THE ONE.
\'85 ZX900 Ninja...the mutha\' of all modern sportbikes.
\'03 FJR 1300...\'cuz ya\' gotta keep HER happy.
Click on link below to see my R1, FJR, and Ninja.
http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A0B19
r1derbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #162
BorgBiker
Registered Member

I would agree. Also in that category are the Amazonas (powered by VW! Yes, that IS distrubing!), BMW F650, BMW's cruiser (forgot the name), and the old Suzuki Water Buffalo. These are all bikes that had more than just an ugly muffler or tail, or other single component. These bikes weren't just hit with the Ugly Stick; they were shot from a cannon, and managed to hit every branch in the Ugly Forest!
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #163
gforces
Founding Member

I agree. I believe the beauty of the bike lives in the shape of the metal, complemented by the paint. The graphics of Japan's offerings distort the curves and edges of the bike, which is what I believe people call "soul-less". How can a bike have "soul" when the focus of the bike's design is obstructed, overloading the viewer's visual senses with loud noise, replaced with different loud noise year after year? Kawi's new 6 shows that Japan's starting to get it.

Does a 98 Jap bike still look as beautiful today as it did when it came off the line? Most would probably say no. However, I feel that the VFR's of yore still look cool--perhaps because you see the bike, not the graphics. Cool Graphics last one year. Beautiful Art lasts generations.

Remember the F3's neon green lettering? blech!

Don't worry about the monster, I read Galuzzi is being commissioned for the redo of the monster--it'll be interesting to see what he can do. I love the serie Oro.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:14 AM   #164
desertbilly
Founding Member

Yeah, they're still selling some Connies, but the Kawi dealers in Phx always have this years and somemtimes last years Connies on the floor. Try to find an ST1300 or FJR and you're talking next year's allocation.

Kawi could sell a shipload of a modern Connie, with the 1200 block, shaft, good ergos, alternator, fuel tank and bags, with maybe a $1,000 price increase to $9,500. They could also sell boatloads of them for the next dozen years or so. This is a huge opportunity for them that they seem oblivious to.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 07:17 AM   #165
M_Singer
Founding Member

Ok I will bite. What is a slipper clutch and what are the up sides and down sides to having one for street use?
Old 10-14-2002, 06:54 AM   #166
newheart
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600?

hey dialedIN does thunder manufacturing have a web site that I could get more info on boosting the ponies on my meanie?
newheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:13 PM   #167
daithi
Founding Member

Hey Oldsquid, I have to agree with you about the ZRX being the horniest naked bike about( Ihave a green 2001 zrx12) but I like the fact that the company is being a little bit brave here, its a controversial design for sure, but one that will go down well with the younger set at whom its aimed at. The ZRX will continue to thrive with its older followers and makes a good alternative. Dave.
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote