Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   2003 Kawasaki Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387)

john 09-19-2002 11:19 PM

Re: 2003 Kawasaki Reader Feedback

No, its not, it will go without changes this year, as it got updated last year. SOOO many people were hoping for a ZX-10R, but it looks like that is at least a year away.

Buzglyd 09-20-2002 07:37 AM

He means he has Dunlops disease as in his belly "done lops" over his belt.

Ricardo_1 09-20-2002 09:04 AM

I never thought I'd see a bike that tickled me even close to the Speed Triple. Now I have. Did a japanese company go out and hire a european designer? WOW. Now if the europeans would just stop trying to make bikes that look to fit in the big fours garage.

ZR1000, bad ass lookin' streetfighter.

DialedIN 09-20-2002 07:45 PM

Re: 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600?

So were they referring to the bottom end not taking the bigger stroke? Or the jugs not taking a bigger bore? If its the later I'm sure Kawasaki put bigger jugs on her.

I can't see the bottom end not being able to take 80 more cc's. As far as the Mean Streak, " Thunder Manufacturing" has a air kit with after market pipes pulling 80 horses and 90 some feets of torque.... Now do that with 80 more CCs. Say BYE yamaha..

Z-Rod 09-21-2002 12:56 PM

yeah, I'm with you on the mirrors.

Z-Rod 09-21-2002 01:24 PM

Yeah, it's cool. Very cool.

I like the exhausts a lot, why not have fun w/ them. The four into one thing is SOOO tired. I have a pic saved somewhere of the Blackbird w/ Erion Racing "dual canister" carbon exhausts.

BTW: This is the most balls-out Kawi street bike since the ZX-12R ... where the hell are the GREEN ONES ???? Gotta see the Green Z1000, but the black is my fave of the two shown.

Z-Rod 09-21-2002 01:25 PM

Yeah, it's cool. Very cool.

I like the exhausts a lot, why not have fun w/ them. The four into one thing is SOOO tired. I have a pic saved somewhere of the Blackbird w/ Erion Racing "dual canister" carbon exhausts.

BTW: This is the most balls-out Kawi street bike since the ZX-12R ... where the hell are the GREEN ONES ???? Gotta see the Green Z1000, but the black is my fave of the two shown.

Lobotomy_Boy 09-23-2002 10:59 AM

Re: What are they NOT Selling?

This thread is probably deader than dead, but just in case Kawasaki moles are snooping, here's my two cents. Kawasaki often keeps bikes in its lineup for years after they have been replaced. In the late 1990s, they offered the ZX600R Ninja, the ZX-6E and the ZX-6R.

Now, with the advent of the new ZX-636R and ZX-6RR, they will probably jettison one of those bikes. Since the 6R and 636R are more closely competetive with one another, it would seem likely they'll dump the 6R and keep the 6E.

But that would be a shame. The 6E really is ready for retirement. The 6R, however, is still one of the best streetbikes available.

I wish they would put an even more comfortable seat and clip ons on the 6R (along with the 636 engine) and call it the ZX636E. They could let the old 6E take a well-deserved nap.

I seriously considered buying the current 6R just as it is, but instead bought a 2003 YZF600R. It was just a little more comfortable, and the silver paint gave me wood.

Duken4evr 09-23-2002 07:02 PM

I like the subtle triangular "hump thing" Kawi is doing on the '03 bikes. The new Z1000 has it, as do the 600s. The 600s have the most serious looking front ends in the business right now. Radial brakes, inverted forks and the coolest ram air scoop.

I recall reading an article awhile back where the pressurization of air boxes was compared. The Kawi ZX-7 generated the most positive pressure.

Of course perhaps it was not breathing as deeply as that Hayabusa. Still, I bet some good wind tunnel testing went into the new design and I bet it works quite well.

BTW, the Suzuki Madura series quite possibly were the most fugly bikes ever made. Kind of the AMC Pacer of motorcyles.

gdrazek 09-26-2002 08:35 PM

I think the design folk at Kawasaki were watching too many old Batman shows. That Z1000 looks awful familiar. Same Bat time, Same Bat channel. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure lot's of people will like them.

As for the ZX-6R(R), I kind of like it. Kudos for Kawasaki for two things. The upside down fork and realizing the graphics are ugly. Why is it the the USD fork looks so much cooler than a standard setup? And Solid colors. The big complaint about the sportbikes from Japan is that they have no "soul." I think one of the main reasons is they have been covered with ugly stickers for the last 15 years. If the 916 was introduced with pink and purple stripes all over it, it would not have been received with as nearly as much aplomb. There is definitely a reverse correlation between soul and neon graphics... And I think a 100+ hp, smooth shifting 600, with cat eye headlights has a bit of soul.

All that said, I still like the new Yamaha R-6 the best. I think it will be my next bike. (I'd have to take off the white stripes) Unless the more comfortable ergos of the Ducati Monster win out. Although, maybe it would be a good idea to buy the Monster before Terblanche gets his nasty mits on it and destoys it like he has done to the SS and Supersport bikes. I think that man is my nemesis....