Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-13-2002, 06:29 PM   #71
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Thanks to rag23...

I can guestimate: CBR600F4i speed in gears

1 65

2 85

3 105

4 125

5 145

6 165

... all at about a 14,000 rpm shift point.

My model predicts 1/4 mile times of:

F4i 10.8 s / 131 mph

RR 10.2 s / 137 mph

Assuming no loss of torque the RR should show from 107 to 113 hp at the rear wheels due to rpm hike alone. It won't be slow.

Who knows? Can't wait for actual facts!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #72
westland
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback The Rune

Valk Rune ... huh? I see hints of the beautiful Zodia design (http://www.firstmoto.ch/gallery/prototype/Zodia.html) with the trailing link front end, pipes, headlights, etc. ... But it's just all wrong ... the design doesn't flow, and the flat six ... this looks like a cruiser for the Gold Wing crowd. Why doesn't Honda just produce the Zodia around the VTX engine. All the expense of the front linkage and big engine should go towards something that looks good.
westland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:41 PM   #73
deanmass
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

Is this the Judge Dred look....???..>WTF..???That and that Ass-Bacon BMW are two of the ugliest things I have ever seen on 2 wheels.....

The little scooter, toh, looks pretty cool..
deanmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:46 PM   #74
leupold18
Founding Member

Its an awesome bike, but whats with the damn price??? Nice to see the R6 at $8000 still. Wonder where the Kawi will fall in. Looks like the 600s are going to replace the 750s, price and all.
leupold18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #75
redexces
Founding Member

Default Re: The Rune Rules

If you think the 600RR looks like is has a butt hole, don't forget that Aprilia set the standard with their Futura. The worst case of butt-itis though has to be the Porsche Boxster.
redexces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:40 PM   #76
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Honda + updates

I had a '98 VTR1000. I sold it because it could only go around 85 miles before the low fuel warning light came on. One time it ran completely dry, leaving me stranded, in only 95 miles! Yeah, the suspension wasn't the best in the world, but the limited range was infuriating! This bike needs a bigger tank, better fuel mileage, or both. Slightly taller bars would've been good, too.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:47 PM   #77
Pierre_TerBlanche
Founding Member

May I please have some of whatever JohnnyB's smoking? Thanks.

(BTW I'm a lit/English major so that's a comment on form, not content).
Pierre_TerBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:48 PM   #78
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: The Rune Rules

Nah, I broke out years ago. So, you're a bad lawyer? Whatsa' matter, you're not evil enough?

(winky face)
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:00 PM   #79
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Batman, Robin to Purchase Honda Motorcycles

Gotham City (UPI) Spokesmen for Batman and Robin, the "Dynamic Duo" of crime-fighting fame will purchase a pair of new, specially-equipped Honda Valkyrie Rune Motorcycles for their crime-fighting duties.

"These vehicles will provide our fair city's heroes with hightened capabilities to halt and punish wrong-doers in Gotham. The unique styling and large chrome doo-dads will provide great function and utility no criminal can match." said Cynthia Higginbotham, spokesperson for the Dynamic Duo (tm) in a press conference Friday afternoon.

Local authorities were excited. Police Commisioner Gordon gave an excited statement to reporters: "What a great way to fight crime. The pair can arrive at the scene, motors growling and chrome flashing, and um, doing, uh, some kind of thing a car couldn't do. I mean, just look at those pipes!"

Batman and Robin themselves were vacationing on the Russian River in Northern California and could not be reached for comment, but expressed through a written statement the desire to "see and be seen on a fabulous machine such as this one."

Long-time Batman and Robin foe Mohandas K. Penguin seemed unfazed by the threat the new vehicles will represent. "Does anybody else notice something funny about those guys? I mean, you can't put your finger on it, but man, I don't know...anyway, people think I'm weird for dressing like a penguin, but these guys, dressed in tights, riding around on what looks like an enormous melting grape missle-pop...you do the math."

Spokesmen for Batman and Robin declined to comment.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:03 PM   #80
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: You must buy a new bike every year then...

Great post.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote