Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-13-2002, 02:42 PM   #31
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Ruckus

>>took the Valkyrie and runed it.<<

Damn! Wish I'd thought of that. Pretty well sums it up!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2002, 02:43 PM   #32
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

I believe they WERE gonna' call it a Valkyrie, but their lawyers convinced Honda that it would be best to advise frightened onlookers on how best to react to their panic: RUNE!!!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:46 PM   #33
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: Honda Needs to rethink their pricing

I agree that most comparos don't emphasize differences in price unless there is a fairly large difference-but I don't think that it SHOULD be emphasized.

For most of us, buying a bike is pure excess-about pleasure, more so than practicality. In this sense, I think that bikes with the same job description should be compared to each other regardless of their cost. The judgement on whether a given bike is 1.04% better than another in performance is why we subscribe: the decision whether it is worth 9.35% more money is ours.

I think a question that is just as important as performance/dollar is how accessable that performance is, and whether or not the rider is capable of using it...but I've never owned a bike where my purchase wasn't based on motorcycle lust . If it doesn't tickle your adrenal gland, it'll stay on the showroom floor. End of story.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #34
rsheidler
Founding Member

Hey John -- I wuz about to start raggin' on ya about why it takes all effin' day to get the info that other sites have had up fur hours .....

then I decided to actually read the damn'd thing first. Amazing, you appear to have actually writted the effer, not just pasted the press release like some of your competition.

If ya can't be first, might as well take a bit longer and be best! Good job.

Regarding the bikes, the new 600 is tasty -- send me one (yellow, please) and I will be glad to write a series of long-term test reports.

The Rune has gotta be the stupidist-looking thing I have ever seen actually to go into production. What was wrong witht he original Valkarie anyway?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:10 PM   #35
rags23
Registered Member

Default Re: Sure we know about the gearing...

85mph is what I have seen on my F4i in 2nd - almost at redline...'course, the speedo must be lying ;>

-rags

01 F4i
rags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:17 PM   #36
rags23
Registered Member

Default Re: about those comparos...

don't know where you are located, V4bryan. I personally would like to see the European F4i here in the U.S., than the F4S that they sell.

The standard is much more suited for daily life than the F4s - center stand, better seat (always have to count $200 more for the corbin with the current F4s) - and yes, it is good enough for the once a month track day, while providing a great commute choice.

Didn't Honda try two bikes with F4i & F4i Sport in Europe? They ended up selling more F4S than the standard F4i though ! I think the same is gonna happen to F4i - RR will outsell the F4i (F4S) since in this class, it is bragging rights that matter most ;->

-rags

01 F4i
rags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:29 PM   #37
jsven007
Founding Member

Lets look at this objectively:

1) CBR 1100xx - Outclassed by the Hayabusa and ZX-12R for the last 2 years. Is there a bike in its class it can beat??

2) Superhawk VTR 1000 - Outclassed by every liter V-Twin since its introduction. Is there a bike in its class it can beat??

3) CB 919 - Outclassed by every naked liter bike since its introduction. Is there a bike in its class it can beat??

4) Interceptor VFR 800 - They call last years model an update...Yeah, those 24 extra pounds were great!!! Give me a break

5) The NEW CBR 600RR, at 370 pounds and $8,600. I'd buy a leftover 02' GSXR 750 for the same price and blow away every CBR 600RR at the race track and on the street.

jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:34 PM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Beautiful Honda Valkyrie much cleaner than V-Rod

Love the looks. The fork is cool. Has a low rider chopped 50's car look. Definitely not a rip off of a Harley design. Leave it to Honda to get it right. I bet even with its bulk and length it will handle better than the V-Rod. I can see folks getting beetle bags for these. Love the Yellow RR. No racer boy graphics. Definitely a great time of year for us motoheads huh! Thanks MO.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:43 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default In defense of Honda

1) CBR 1100xx holds its own in real world comparisons like in the British mag Bike. It will be updated next year I bet.

2)If you are looking for a V-Twin wouldn't you go for the RC51. Anyway they still sell VTRs to folks who like a more comfrontable twin.

3)919 I have a feeling it is only beginning for this bike. Motorcyclist gave it good reviews.

4)Interceptor new exhaust, VTEC some would call it a new model not an update.

5)How can you say a bike that has never been tested by MO will be blown away by a bike that gets beat regularly by Tommy Hayden on his ZX-6R. I prefer to wait and see on this one.

Old 09-13-2002, 03:45 PM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

I love the clean looks. If a bike is designed well it doesn't need stripes.