Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-13-2002, 02:09 PM   #21
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default about those comparos...

I doubt that the word "inferior" will be used to describe the 600RR in any of the comparos. Honda has only one reason for producing a split 600 line: to have one obviously built for competition (the RR); and one for the street (the F4i). Now I don't doubt that the F4i will compare favorably to the Katanas and 600Rs, but I really would like to see how it (the RR) stacks up to the R6 and GSXR. Honda has often said that they build "all-around" bikes, not single focus track tools...and yet here they are, wading into the deep end of the pool. Should be interesting.

Not that I care, mind you. The days when I could sit on a 600 and not look like a Russian bear on a tricycle ended in Junior High. The bikes I wanted to see were a 1300 cc Blackbird and a Superhawk with a 5.2 gallon tank and fuel injection. Maybe in 2005.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2002, 02:18 PM   #22
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

Now if they will just give us that lovely concept bike they showed at Laguna a year and a half ago with the mono legged front end (cant call it a fork, well if it doesnt fork...).
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:18 PM   #23
roxysdad
Founding Member

Hooonnnndaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in a long whine like tone), for craps sake... who is going to purchase a 2003 CBR1100XX? A 2003 Superhawk? A 2003 Magna? A 2003 919? Sheesh! What are you guys thinking over there? Goodness. I am at a loss for words at this pittiful showing of new bikes. What is the poor sales guy going to do in order to move a bike next year? Have you thought of that? You can't cover that 919 with enough Tobasco to make it taste better. It just won't work.

Oh - and nice job selling the new VFR based on the availibility of integrated saddlebags... and not delivering them! Freaking Ding-Dongs.

Chris
roxysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:20 PM   #24
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Needs to rethink their pricing

You know, one of the fundamental flaws of the whole magazine 'comparo' thing is that a bike can work 1.04% better than the others and win the whole enchilada, even though it might also cost 9.34% more. Unless a bike is GROSSLY overpriced compared to its competitors (like a 998R vs a GSX-R1000, for instance), the differences in cost are usually just glossed over, almost as if the testers don't actually have to pay for these bikes out of their own pockets or something.

So, if Honda's bike is even the tiniest best better than the other 600's, all the positive press it'll get will easily negate the price disadvantage in most buyer's eyes. Or so history has taught me.

itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:23 PM   #25
scoot416
Founding Member

WHERE OH WHERE HAS THE LOVE GONE FROM THE GREAT MANU FROM THE EAST. THE DL(V-STROM) HAS DONE WELL THIS YEAR. WILL SOMEBODY TELL HONDA TO CALL 1-800- BUY- A-CLUE SO THEY WILL RELEASE THE VALDERO OVER HERE, TALK ABOUT A MARKET SHARE?!?! OLD GUY BACKS LIKE MINE ARE TOO FRAIL TO HOLD UP TO THE BEATING ANYMORE. GIVE ME A 4-WAY TOURER.
scoot416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:24 PM   #26
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Silver VFR!

ever thought of changing your name from 'Lowrez' to 'Highangst?' ;^)

no, make that ;~}

how the hell do you make a winky face-thing, people?!?!
Old 09-13-2002, 02:25 PM   #27
roxysdad
Founding Member

Oh, one more thing. I just noticed that you (Honda) have a nice picture of what looks to be the front end of the new CBR1300XX. That bike better freaking come out next year (with bags) or you are cooked. Done. Spent. Poke you with a fork and throw you away in the trash.

Thanks for showing up to the party with nothing but a freaking 600.

chris
roxysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:28 PM   #28
itchface
Founding Member

i know what you mean. i haven't forked in so long I may have forgotton how to do it.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:30 PM   #29
scoot416
Founding Member

A shout out to lonely Maytag repairman, whoops I mean the LONELY HONDA MOTORCYCLE SALESMAN (PERSON.....pc-ness is always needed)......
scoot416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:37 PM   #30
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: What about the Varadero???

If your dog's anything like mine, he'd need a catalytic converter shoved up his arse to get EPA certified.

But that Varadero IS kinda' interesting. The V-Strom is selling very well from what I hear, so Honda's just being Honda; conservative to a fault. Just like the way they're letting Suzuki sell SV650's by the container-load without challenge, even though they invented that type of bike.

Thank goodness for Suzuki or '03 would have been a big flop for me!