Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-15-2002, 10:40 AM   #171
Leisure_Management_I
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

I notice Honda redesigned the CCT for the new 600RR. My F4i is great and I will not be getting rid of it but the CCT rattle is annoying as hell.

I've heard the replacement J22 part Honda is installing under warranty doesn't permanantly solve the problem. After a few thousand miles, it starts rattling again.

In your line of work, do you see alot of F4i's come back for this repair? I'm unable to convince my own dealer that there is even a problem with my bike.

Can you suggest how to approach them about getting this fixed? Maybe I should be more assertive, but they don't seem interested in helping me out on this.

I've heard of a manual CCT that can be installed but this wouldn't be under warranty and I don't think I should have to pay to fix this problem.

Duhamel is going to win alot of races on the 600RR - Not to mention the WSS Ten Kate racing team. Hell, they're running up front on the F4i this season.
Leisure_Management_I is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2002, 10:59 AM   #172
seruzawa
The Toad

It's the "gimmee generation". People seem to think that the manufacturers arer supposed to survey them personally so theycan get a bike specificaly designed for themselves.

If you want a bike to be exactly what you want them you'd better be ready to spend the money and modify one yourself. Else you'll be waiting forever for the perfect bike.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #173
Cyberj10
Founding Member

Is it just me or are the Honda sportbike color schemes awful? I'm sick of the red, the yellow is looks like a faded banana and while the black is decent I just don't see myself buying an all black sportbike. I so wish honda would bring back that silver and black color that was on the 2001 CBR F4i. Why the hell did they only keep it for a year anyway?
Cyberj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:59 PM   #174
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Maybe you are addressing the wrong person. I know I ain't light. 190lbs 5'10". It doesn't matter to me, as long as it puts the power down and wheelies in second and looks good doing it.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 02:57 PM   #175
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Meanwhile Honda has a record sales and wins MotoGp, AMA superbike, maybe WSB

longride, where are you getting your figures that they are losing market share in North America. Out here on the west coast where the roads curve Honda continues to do well. Honda has the most diverse selection of models, wins the most races, sells the most motorcycles world wide yet you call them a loser. Get a reality check. Are the winds of Lake Michigan are affecting your judgement? Oh yeah Honda came from nothing to difference is Honda didn't squander its future by maximizing profits on old guys bikes.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #176
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Rune is much better than Hardly V-Pod

Love the looks. The fork is cool. Has a low rider chopped 50's car look. Definitely not a rip off of a Harley design. Leave it to Honda to get it right. I bet even with its bulk and length it will handle better than the V-Rod. I can see folks getting beetle bags for these. Love the Yellow RR. No racer boy graphics. Definitely a great time of year for us motoheads huh! Thanks MO.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:20 PM   #177
grover750
Founding Member

Shouldn't we include the rider's weight? Wow, I've forgotten so much since I got my ME degree that I can't even begin to try to change the weights in your equation. Oh well, I don't need to for my job, so who cares. Let's use 150 lbs.

What else are we forgetting? I think we can ignore wind resistance, here's why: a 10.88 s run will be going quite a bit faster than a 12.78, which means exponentially more drag, but the rune has to be more aerodynamic the whole way down the strip since it doesn't have bags or a sheild.

Here's what it's got to beat: 11.31 (the V-Rod)

Of course, it would have to be even faster than that to beat an '83 V65 Magna, not to mention the V-Max. But let's not get into that argument, it has already been beat to death when the V-Rod was tested.

grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:50 PM   #178
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Meanwhile Honda has a record year. Defending Honda

As for your 600RR comments, you obviously don't understant why people buy these bikes. Really think only hardcore privateer riders will buy this bike? Ha.

The Rune a paint/chrome job? You're wrong with your observation and by thinking that innovation matters in cruisers.

One: It's a Cruiser! They are all paint / chrome jobs. You're calling for innovation in the cruiser line? That's just what the Sturgis crowd wants: innovation. That's why HD is so busy working on hydraulically actuated valves, because that's what the polling they did at Sturgis told them. Ha.

Two: It is innovative. Did you see the front suspension? Notice the fact that it is a fuel injected liquid cooled flat six (totally new engine 2 years ago), not a air cooled carburated pushrod v-twin (totally new ??? years ago)?

So do you have any complaints about the 1300? It looks like a great bike, and it took a while to replace the 1100 because that was a great bike, in a market segment that does not demand constant innovation, just great reliable bikes.

954 - read a review? Every one I read says it's better for the street than a GSXR. It keeps "losing" because the GSXR1000 is a better track bike.

VFR - OK, honda did drop the ball here. I'd rather have the yellow '00 model with the geared cams.

So you're not going to ride bikes with too much plastic or perfomance. I guess I'd have to agree with you that honda has'nt offered much for you. Hondas best bikes recently have been the GL1800 ( only two weeks left to do a free test ride - go do it and expand your horizons! ), and the ST1300.

And for your last paragraph, thank god for competiton.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 04:49 PM   #179
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default V-TWINS RULE...for you.

Some-one I know once said "I have plenty of personality...I don't need it from my bike".

If you're going to list several of the faults of the good ole American v-twin and expect me to cut it some slack because it has "personality", well, you're going to wind up disappointed when I don't buy it. Don't get me wrong-you're riding, and my hat's off to you for that. But your last three sentences smack of the Milwaukee justification for leaving their engineering development four decades behind the rest of the world. If you ride an American twinkie and it makes you grin, say so; but don't pretend to be a crusader for simplicity unless you don't have electricity in your house and you're driving a Model T...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 05:16 PM   #180
stevem
Founding Member

What I want to know...and a lot of others do to is, where is a middleweight V-twin?! Why does Honda continue to not respond to the HUGE sales of the SV650 Europe and good sales in the US and Canada. What about the sales of the various Monster models? Are you telling me that Honda is content not to get a piece of this pie? Very, very sad. Sure they got whipped on the HawkGT ( a great bike), but that was 13 years ago...and it's time to step up to the plate. We don't need gobs of horsepower, give us a refined 650-800cc vtwin and keep it under 370 pounds. The SV is a great bike because it's fun, smooth and can be morphed into whatever you want it to be. Another year....another big disappointment.
stevem is offline   Reply With Quote