Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-15-2002, 05:05 AM   #161
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

These guys haven't figured out that for 99% of them, the motorcycle they own is about 3 times more than they can handle. About the mid eighties the motorcycle surpassed the ability of even good riders. Reading Twist of the Wrist II, by Keith Code, he noticed that the advancement in tires and bikes that his students should be lapping the track 2 seconds faster at least. They didn't. Same speed 10 years later, and yet they all think they need the fastest machine to go fast, yet none of them go fast. Same guy buys $2500 golf clubs. Gonna be Tiger Woods with those babies! Gonna beat you all in the twisties with my "new" machine, too. If you didn't beat em before, you won't beat em now.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2002, 05:12 AM   #162
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Wow, a fresh perspective and a little KPaul effect to boot! Squids rule here, but don't be afraid to show em the light.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:28 AM   #163
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: GET REAL!

Your all wrong, the universe revolves around my three teenage daughters, just ask 'em
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 06:49 AM   #164
sarnali
Founding Member

I for one agree with you, except for the poor mileage issue I think the VTR is pretty much it for V-twin sportbikes, most of the criticisms I've read apply to the track performance, well I 'm a street rider, the VTR is half the price of most Ducati's without desmo bull*****, more street oriented than the RC51 and TL-R, and no TL-S rotery damper, which is a moot point 'cause they don't sell them anyway, If suzuki brings out the SV1000 like it appears to be doing, then the Honda might have some real-world competittion, but not now imho and I'm not a big Honda fan, as I've had trouble with everyone I've owned, none the less the VTR is a Honda I'd like to have, but I've had good luck with Suzuki's so I'd probably stick with them, or a speed triple. Bottom line is buy what you like and ride the wheels off it, if someone don't like it , they can avert their gaze till you pass.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:30 AM   #165
sarnali
Founding Member

Better hush up there bro, you let THAT cat out of the bag and sportbike sales will dry up over night, then they'll go back to "standards" and put the price of Bandits through the roof
Old 09-15-2002, 07:58 AM   #166
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default V-TWINS RULE

Of all the bikes I've owned and ridden, nothing beats the good ole American V-Twin PERIOD.

It may shake, spit and sputter (at times) but at least it has personality -- a trait that is missing from many of the latest techo wonders. In bikes, as well as cars, advanced technology does not always equate to more riding/driving fun. All that is really useful is simple.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:24 AM   #167
grover750
Founding Member

The one for sure thing is this: Honda is the only motorcycle manufacturer that would get this much hear for lack of new models. They have the most models, AND they are supposed to update every one every 2-3 years? Come on! Only Honda is held to that high of a standard. One of the disadvantages of being the best motorcycle manufacturer.

As the owner of a '77 CB750F, let me just say it is time for a new Nighthawk!!!! Give me a reason to upgrade!

Anyone out there know enough physics to give an estimate of the 1/4 mile time for the Rune? Same engine as the GL1800 (898 lbs), which did it in 12.78 seconds. The Rune is listed at 768 on the honda website, and has to be a little more aerodynamic, due to the lack of a windsheild and bags.

Say what you want about the Rune, but no bike will turn more heads ( what it is ALL about with cruisers, anyone who says anything else is kidding themselves ) at Daytona or Sturgis or Laconia next year than the Rune. Therefore, it will sell, probably at above MSRP if the Honda dealers want to get out the vaseline.

Is there supposed to be video with the Windows Media Player link? All I get is Orson Wells and a black screen....
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:39 AM   #168
grover750
Founding Member

Default The Ruckus - a CHICK MAGNET

Check out the photo of the two average Joes on the Ruckuses (Rucki?) waiting for the hotties to cross the sidewalk.... those two are going to get some action for sure! For only $1899!

Looks like Honda has finally figured out how to market the naked scooter segment - get a scooter, go to nearest beach town, wait for hotties to cross path, and the rest is up to you.

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/prev...wMSPREVGEZ.htm
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 09:16 AM   #169
sarnali
Founding Member

yeah, sure, it's 10.88 seconds; 898-768=130lbs, so 130+ 12.78-x[x=y~s] + 768lbs = 12.78x [y] = 356.8/243.9 x k x 987.32 /.756 = 10.88 seconds[corrected]....Next?
Old 09-15-2002, 09:20 AM   #170
Josh_1
Founding Member

Honda is trying to get a motorcycle in a Hollywood feature film - and maybe the Rune is sufficiently stylized to get a leading role...
Josh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote