Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #141
valkmaster
Founding Member

Default 03 XX is Black, like in Blackbird

valkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2002, 07:13 PM   #142
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Waiting list for the Rune ?

Those prices: Canadian or American?

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:25 PM   #143
valkmaster
Founding Member

Default US dollars of course

or $50k canadian
valkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:42 PM   #144
jsven007
Founding Member

Default Re: In defense of Honda

See Above. To get serious:

My "outclassed" CBR 1000. You do have me on that one.

It boils down to this; I bought the bike used, for an extremely cheap price. Inferior bikes tend to depreciate! A ZX 11 has a much higher resale value...

What did I buy after?? Only being fair, I guess I gotta tell you. Its mentioned in my other posts in this thread. I have a ZRX 1200 in the black color scheme.

Particular beef against Honda, nah, although the non-adjustable suspension of the CBR 1000 did p*ss me off!

Look on the Positive side:

From a used bike standpoint, inferior Honda motorcycles are great...they depreciate rapidly. Thus, they can be bought for a song and a dance.

Pity the poor owner who bought these Hondas Brand New!! They paid a 2002 price for 1992 performance.

jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:47 PM   #145
jsven007
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

Other people have asked the same questions. My response:

My "outclassed" CBR 1000. You do have me on that one.

It boils down to this; I bought the bike used, for an extremely cheap price. Inferior bikes tend to depreciate! A ZX 11 has a much higher resale value...

What did I buy after?? Only being fair, I guess I gotta tell you. Its mentioned in my other posts in this thread. I have a ZRX 1200 in the black color scheme.

Particular beef against Honda, nah, although the non-adjustable suspension of the CBR 1000 did p*ss me off!

Look on the Positive side:

From a used bike standpoint, inferior Honda motorcycles are great...they depreciate rapidly. Thus, they can be bought for a song and a dance.

Pity the poor owner who bought these Hondas Brand New!! They paid a 2002 price for 1992 performance.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:24 PM   #146
VFR1273
Founding Member

I agree,

Honda, if nothing else, is the "price leader" of both the motorcycle world and the car world. When it intros a new car or bike model, it sets the price high and then most of the competitors follow suit...too bad. I will probably buy the Kawi, if priced nearer the Yamaha. The Honda is not worth it...probably the heaviest of the big 4 too.
VFR1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:52 PM   #147
KPaulCook
Banned

Well said. Folks needed your reality check. Its amazing to see guys be so critical of Honda who has the most diverse offering of motorcycles. I agree with you the RR is exciting and the Rune is clean and sweet.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:59 PM   #148
jsven007
Founding Member

One more thing:

You are paying for the bike, you love it, you are a happy Honda Owner.

Who gives a ***** what the comparisons say? And this Jsven007 guy, who the h*ll is he? Screw him.

Stormcloud, you bring up some great points, and make a good case for Honda. Just buy what YOU like.

Old 09-14-2002, 09:00 PM   #149
KPaulCook
Banned

Default New Valk Not for mature riders

Don't think this one is for you older guys. This one is directed at a younger crowd. Us Gen Xers love it. Not another Harley look alike. Cleaner and prettier than a V-Rod. Please don't trade your Valk in so there can be more for us (Gen Xers)
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:40 PM   #150
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: they did tweak

Regrettably, American Honda decided not to import the Superhawk with the bigger tank that came out in Europe, ostensibly because the extra capacity came at the expense of a smaller airbox, thus reducing power.

I, for one, would have traded off a bit of power for a meaningful increase in range.

I was using my Superhawk mostly for commuting in the San Francisco area during rush hour; hence the atrocious fuel mileage.

Still, there's no excuse for a bike with a dry weight in the low-400 pound range to get low 20's gas mileage figures unless you're roadracing it. Maybe fuel injection can help here?
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote