Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-14-2002, 01:56 AM   #91
pplassm
Founding Member

Default All this talk about stupid streetbikes.....

And barely a sentence on the CRF250's. C'mon MO, give us some DIRT!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2002, 01:58 AM   #92
pplassm
Founding Member

Default OK, so maybe they're not STUPID, but...

Geez, louise, there's more to motorcycling than cruisers and sportbikes.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:16 AM   #93
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: '03 Hondas Reader Feedback

Jeeeezzz.....What's with this under-seat exhaust thing?? On the old Ducs, it looks cool. On a Honda, it shows up as cheap sheet metal, crappy welds (strike 1) and takes up what could be vaulable storage area (strike 2), not to mention the added cost involved if one were inclined to add an aftermarket exhaust. In my not terribly humble opinion, the new R6 is one of the most gorgeous pieces of equipment ever assembled and blows the CBR in the weeds. And Honda is offering this to us at a paltry $8599. Strike 3, you're outta here!

Honda has been hybernating for the past two years. If Honda's definition of "racing improves the breeed" is a tinny-looking underseat exhaust and higher prices, I'll do my two wheel shopping elsewhere. Cheers, ILAKSMU (Illustrious Leader & All-Knowing Soothsayer of the Motorcycle Universe), aka Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 03:25 AM   #94
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: Silver VFR!

Because it's 8,000 years old, and not much as changed since its intro, dammit.

Methinks Honda dropped the ball this year.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 03:26 AM   #95
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Honda may need to rethink the motorcycle biz these days as they are going to lose their share here to sharper knives in the form of Yamaha and Suzuki. Most people here buy bikes with the same criteria as a home computer. Just read all the comments on that dastardly $8600 price on the 600 and you can see what I mean. Maybe even Honda can't stand the losses of redesigning a bike every 2 years without flinching. No redos of the other models tell me they need to recoup the mfg. costs on those babies because their poor sales. The new GoldWing and ST1300 must have cost them a fortune to design, so they need to sell about a million to get out of the red on those. Yamaha has redesigned it's 600 and sells it at the same price as last year. How can that be? Either they ripped off the last crop of buyers or they are eating the losses to gain market share. I say the latter. Suzuki and Kaw didn't partner up for nothing. It's to be able to absorb their share of red ink on the new ones while the standard models try to make it back. Could Honda be feeling that the Japanese "new model every 2 years" philosophy is getting tiresome as well as expensive? Time will tell.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:36 AM   #96
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: In defense of Honda

I think the larger point the guy was making is that some people *actually read* the reviews and make their purchase based upon them.

Isn't it the purpose of magazines such as this to provide such information?

Honda isn't very competitive, someone might say downright mediocre, when compared to other motorcycles in these classes.

Some people are looking for excellence. Others are not.

To simplify:

The CBR1100XX is a good bike (besides the stupid XX sticker on side) Is it the best in it's class? Not hardly.

That matters to people.

Old 09-14-2002, 03:40 AM   #97
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: GET REAL!

Do you actually read the reviews of MO_Online, Cycle World, and Motorcyclist?

Nice false choice you put up there.

There are bikes that for a majority of those classes outperforms the others. They are in reviews on this website.

Go read them.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:50 AM   #98
fizzchem
Founding Member

Hell, as a loyal Honda-ite, I may purchase the new Kawi ZXR6.

As for eating losses on the latest 600s, if they are posting losses, these companies probably make up for it in the cruiser market...
Old 09-14-2002, 04:37 AM   #99
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default Re: The Rune Rules

Yes, another butt-hole bike. Note to manufacurers: if you're going to pu under-seat exhausts on, make it two pipes. Other wise is nasty.
Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 04:40 AM   #100
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default Re: The Rune Rules

Yeah, I guess I am too nice to my prosecutor sometimes. I'm trying to fix that. I've got a rape trial and a trafficking cocaine trial next week, so if I can get them off that should ***** just about everybody off. Wish me luck.

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote